Calorie increase in eating disorder recovery... Now I can't stop eating :(

21 to 22 of 22 messages
16/01/2012 at 05:15

^^ That wasn't meant as a criticism by the way! I can just see what you can't because I'm not you- if I posted something similar you'd be in the exact same position I am!

Go easy on yourself, its still early days and will be early days for a while, it does get easier, its about trusting the advice your dietitian gives you- going and saying when it doesn't work so things can be worked on but also about not being hard on your own mistakes. They are how you learn things from and give you the chance to make things better. You'd be in a very fragile position if you never make any mistakes, you'd not have the same degree of strength or understanding.

18/01/2012 at 11:21
Well, what started off as a random excess of calories has spiralled into a week of eating sugary crap, purging (many times) and lots of crying. If I had just seen it as a slight lapse, picked myself up and carried on as normal I'd be fine now. But will I learn from this lesson? Not sure, as I've been through seven long years of this... You'd think I'd have it sorted by now, but hey, that's what eating disorders are there for - to cause havoc Next time...

I hope I can get to a place like you soon. Life isn't all that long and I too don't want to look back at it with regret. It's just a lot of hard work and perseverance that is absolutely essential!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.