Chaffing

Help me!!!!!

8 messages
31/10/2002 at 18:44
OK, I'm so sick of this problem that I'm going to forums I haven't been to before to try to find some help. Please I hope someone here has the answer!
I am having a problem with bra chaffing. It happens under my breasts, on the top of them, and on my underarms. I wear bras that fit and that are coolmax, wicking whatever you want to call it. I of course still sweat a lot, so I'm not sure that really matters. I can't figure it out. It usually only happens on longer runs. Please someone tell me of a bra that won't do this, or tell me of some way to prevent it happening again. To say nothing of the way I look after one of these chaffing runs, it really hurts! Thanks in advance for any good advice!
31/10/2002 at 19:26
Mrs Barkles has just got a sports Bra designed for runners, and reckons things are much more comfortable.
It's American, but that's all I'm allowed to know.
31/10/2002 at 19:39
I use the Ennell (American) Bra - which stops everything moving - but I still chafe badly & have permanent scars in places which would make MadamX look like Bambi.

Being positive - just wait til you start wearing a Heart Rate Monitor as well !!
31/10/2002 at 19:46
Funny thing. Both have recommended American bras. I'm American and the bras I wear for running are from the UK. Maybe I should take a trip to my parents house! And I do wear a heart rate monitor as well. Yes, it can be a pain, but sometimes I think it prevents problems from the bra. Scars???Permanent???? That is what I want to avoid.
31/10/2002 at 20:00
Try sportsbras.co.uk
mail order bras - superb advice - import from America - phone them up and don't be put off if a bloke answers! Just ask for Clare (at least I think that was her name!)

Their site takes ages to load tho'

31/10/2002 at 20:33
I've never had this problem, but as I'm fairly small perhaps this is why. But I some ideas - does your bra give enough coverage, and is it tight enough? I would think that if it keeps you securely in place, then you would have a lesser risk of chafing? In the meantime, try using vaseline on the bits that chafe.
31/10/2002 at 20:36
I also use the Enell Bra - it's excellent at keeping the boobs firmly in place - but I've also got permanent scars!!! I get lots of blisters and chaffing.. the only way I can ease the pain a bit while running is to put plasters over the sore bits beforehand..!!
31/10/2002 at 21:48
try tegaderm dressings under your bra. see my other message under "nipple chafing"

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.