Chafing

19 messages
30/01/2013 at 23:04
Why I feel the need to shares this i am not sure but .... Went for a short run earlier today and I somehow had my knickers in a twist - literally ! Thankfully I only ran a few miles as I am now in agony in my nether regions. I've only had a top rubbing on my inner arm before and that was bad enough. I hope it is better by the morning ...... I seriously can't go into work like this
K80
30/01/2013 at 23:07
Whatever you do don't get in the bath!
cougie    pirate
30/01/2013 at 23:14
Go commando !
30/01/2013 at 23:29

Cocoa butter moisturiser for sensitive skin

31/01/2013 at 09:05
Seriously, go commando. Oh, and use baby wipes when you go to the toilet. A nappy cream will also help to soothe the chafing
31/01/2013 at 09:22

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does going commando really help? It seems to me that my tights have seams in places that wouldn't be comfortable.

I tend to use really big granny knickers that stay put and don't have side seams.

Good luck cowgirl.

31/01/2013 at 09:35

+1 for no knickers. sudocrem (you can find it in the baby section) is good for soothing the chafing.

jane - my tights don't have seams in the wrong places - what tights have you got?

31/01/2013 at 10:12

All about talc for me. Chaffing is a thing of the past now

31/01/2013 at 10:28
Yes, it really does. I was incredibly reluctant (mostly worried that if I had a problem they would wonder what kind of woman I was) but I wouldn't go back. Just remember tI pack knickers if you're getting changed after into normal clothes
31/01/2013 at 10:57

+1 for Sudocrem. I got a bit chafed, ahem, inside the shorts when I was out earlier this week in torrential rain.

Edit: and thank you for correctly spelling it with one f. The frequently-found two-f misspelling is deeply distressing to the forum language police ... nee naw nee naw ...

Edited: 31/01/2013 at 10:59
31/01/2013 at 11:16

Another +1 for Sudocrem, it's magic!

I don't go commando but have found that the La Senza microfiber seamless thongs make the best running knickers ever! They don't seem to have them online, but they are one of the things that are always in the 'Buy 5 pairs for £5' sales.

K80
31/01/2013 at 11:52
xine267 wrote (see)

Another +1 for Sudocrem, it's magic!

I don't go commando but have found that the La Senza microfiber seamless thongs make the best running knickers ever! They don't seem to have them online, but they are one of the things that are always in the 'Buy 5 pairs for £5' sales.

thongs for running? Nooooo apple catchers all the way

31/01/2013 at 11:59

I quite like big pants in general (sexy, eh?) but I find they slip down when I'm running. I've tried some of the sports-specific ones but they are even worse! Really horrible elastic round the legs that  is uncomfortable and I think would cause chafing on long distances. Expensive too

31/01/2013 at 13:24
Glad to say I am much better today. Very romantic evening with sudocream all over my nether regions.........

I am off to primark at weekend to buy bigger knickers to cover my but !

I often run commando in running tights or my 3/4's but it's been so cold the last few mornings.

Also wrong time of the month to go without them if you know what I mean.

It was the shock ! Having a shower and thinking I was washing with a red hot poker. Arghhhhh

Muttley - I have to admit I originally did spell it with 2 f's but had the sense to double check

As ever thank you for your support guys
31/01/2013 at 14:35

As the late great and immortal Spike Milligan used to say - "Thank you for your support, I promise to wear it every day".

31/01/2013 at 16:19

or the alternative "thank you for your support. you can have it back when it's been washed" 

31/01/2013 at 16:40
cowgirl668 wrote (see)

Also wrong time of the month to go without them if you know what I mean.

Running with any kind of pad in your knickers is just asking for discomfort!

Commando and tampons!

31/01/2013 at 19:56

Erm, yes, thanks for sharing that with us Wilkie. I think

01/02/2013 at 07:09

Tsk Muttley!  Periods are nothing to be embarrassed about!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
19 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.