chondral lesion

running with

1 message
07/01/2013 at 15:46

After 6 months of right knee pain and a click in my right knee I have been diagnosed with a chondral lesion 5mm in my knee, full thickness. 3 months of rest have improved my symptoms significantly , but my knee is still not quite back to where it was. I have 20+ years of competitive running behind me so despite only being 36 I can understand these things happen. I am a medic myself and despite good advice from surgeons and experienced physios nobody can really say whether i should carry on running or not. I have previously done a sub 2.30 marathon and pretty decent mileage.  I know those days are behing me , but wonder if anyone has any experience of running with this sort of problem.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.