clicking knee

4 messages
21/11/2002 at 16:42
Over the past few days my left knee audibly clicks (not particularly loud, but it's still there!)when I am climbing stairs. Nothing obvious brought this on. There is no pain associated with the clicking and I have been able to continue my normal activities (gym, cycling etc) with no difficulties. Although this is admittedly trivial in comparison with major knee injuries, I am wondering if this is just "one of these things" that will likely disappear, or if I have any reason to have it looked at (i.e. what's causing it to click? -when I touch it as I climb stairs I can feel slight movement, but not extensive grinding). The source of my paranoia arises from a long lay-off from running (10 months) after extensive soft-tissue damage sustained in an accident to the same knee in Oct 2000, but I have since run a few half marathons and a marathon with no ill-effects. Any advice/ideas appreciated. I am a fit and active 25 yr old male (70kg).
21/11/2002 at 17:22
Jonathon. Look at Oldbones/Oscar Bravo's picture on the Over 60's thread. I reckon you've got the same problem. There's at least one diagnosis of the problem on the thread.
JJ
21/11/2002 at 18:24
Hello Johnny - thanks for info. I've spent a while lookng for this with no luck, and now pages are coming up with nothing on them! Maybe a techie problem or perhaps a network problem here. I'm relatively new to this site - is there a simple way to get there? Cheers, Jonathan
22/11/2002 at 17:18
JH
Sorry, been out all day. Forum, General, Over 60, scroll through the threads until you find Oscar Bravo and/or Oldbones (same guy).
JJ

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.