compartmental syndrome

21 to 27 of 27 messages
25/10/2011 at 19:37

I started a thread on this subject a little while ago,thanx for the info on the pressure test,thats why I havent had one,mines on the NHS.

I have my op on Nov1st,just got back from my pre-op,so its 1 week till D-day

26/11/2011 at 14:47
Well had my op yesterday and now in a fair bit of pain ! Surgeon said it went well and they released the pressure in both compartments in the left leg, next appointment in 2 weeks to see how it's healing but fingers crossed !

Andy - how are you getting on now ? Be interested to see how you're getting on 3 weeks ahead of me
26/11/2011 at 18:59
Yep,,,,doing fine thanks,got a bit of infection going on at the top of the scar,aloe vera plant doing its stuff though.Im dying to get my salomons on for a short jog but have to be a bit sensible,got no pain at all,been pushing the walking at work a bit just to get the calf working..If all goes to plan im hoping to be running short distance by christmas,bit frustrating but have to be patient.Just hope its cured the problem.
27/11/2011 at 09:41
How long after op was it that you could walk around pain free and normally ? I'm shuffling round like an old man at the moment !
29/11/2011 at 19:50
Bound to be sore at the moment, Mr SJ!  What aftercare are you getting, or is planned for you?  Need to make sure you get on with massage and stretching as soon as possible (obv without getting the wound infected) to make sure you don't develop adhesions and scar tissue which could start the whole problem up again.
29/11/2011 at 19:56

at the moment not getting anytthing, been given a follow up appointment with surgeon in 2 weeks and been told to take it easy until then and make sure i dont get the wound wet.

hopefully once i speak to him then i'll get some more info regarding what i can and cant do

01/12/2011 at 15:42
its taken a good 2 weeks to get rid of the pain and to walk comfortably..1 month on im feeling a lot more confident that things might be ok..gonna start longer walks on the flat just to get the calf moving a bit,just gotta keep saying to myself to slow down and not to overdo it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.