Concerns with 5 weeks to go.

3 messages
18/04/2013 at 13:02

I have been doing really well by my standards and training for the Manchester 10k in May.

On saturday just gone I pulled a muscle at the top of my leg, not groin, not hamstring, not thigh, but it seems in the middle somewhere. I have also pulled my back slightly but that will clear in a few days.

I ran last night and my leg flared up again.

Also when I started running my shins were very sore, but that went away. After a sports massage the aching shins after about 4km are coming back.

My run yesterday meant i stopped at 4km and walked home. I was progressing really well and up to 9.3km.

Now i am worried. I know it is muscular, so no long term damage, but this could easily mean a week off running due to my leg and i dont think i can afford that time off so close to the race.

Feel really down about this.

18/04/2013 at 15:35

5 weeks is a long time and a week out for a 10k won't hurt you too much, relax you have plenty time to come round

18/04/2013 at 17:40

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.