3 miles
Better than nowt
01/06/2003 at 07:22
Morning all
01/06/2003 at 07:31
Last day of my holiday :0(
01/06/2003 at 07:37
Morning peeps. Sassie - what rat news??
btw does anyone fancy doing the 15 mile Rottingdean walk (see Events)?
01/06/2003 at 07:58
Hi Meer - just answered on Mature. Not good I'm afraid :0(
01/06/2003 at 08:19
Thanks for the post, Sassie.
<<hugs>>
01/06/2003 at 08:19
Morning all
Posted slightly more rational view of yesterday's Trailwalk trial.

A few tender bits and certainly no running today but overall not bad really.

Out for lunch today so lots of house tidying to do for the next couple of hours - Mrs Nick will be home before I get back so if it ain't done a blistered heel might the least of my worries :)

Have a great & slightly cooler day everyone, take care
01/06/2003 at 08:23
Hi all!

Barbecue for me today (not *on* the barbecue, I'm going to one!), hope it's cooler than yesterday otherwise I shall just end up flopped on the ground!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
01/06/2003 at 09:21
my you lot are early for a Sunday!
Well I hope to plod today but it is warm and so we'll have to see.
waitrose + some gardening this morning
oh and acording to my scales I have put ON 2-3 lb since wednesday due to my constant eating, and I feel fat and bloated to which doens't help
so must work off some today!
Have a great one!
laters
EP!
01/06/2003 at 09:24
got to sleep about 430 after the horrors last night. having breakfast as didn't have anything past lunchtime yesterday.
01/06/2003 at 09:36
Your scales give you a reason as well?

Sorry to heaqr that EP, remember that weight fluctuates what with liquid etc, mine went up 3kg from Friday to Staurday,a dn it can't all have been boozing.
01/06/2003 at 09:41
scamps just spotted the reference to last night - you were so right, I think you did exactly the right thing, heaps of respect to you
The Evil Pixie    pirate
01/06/2003 at 09:48
Scamper... well done you did the right thing
very brave of you to take that choice but it was right so mucho respect from the pixie

Nick ... I'm tempted about that other walk

fruity
munches thursday + roll/drink down pub, staff lunch friday + little restraint!, BBQ yesterday + HUGE piece of choc fudge cake!
so I guess I would have put on but 3lb seems too much!
01/06/2003 at 09:52
Okay, fair enough Pix, you've been stuffing your face and that's where it's all come from :) Unfair though that it goes back on that easily when it takes weeks of restraint to lose.

Scamps - re the other thread - of course you did the right thing :)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
01/06/2003 at 09:57
thanks for the support there fruity :-D

Ok off to waitrose now!
byeee

Oh and just checked the weather,.... if I do run today it looks like storms!
01/06/2003 at 10:00
Bah! Women - you say one thing and they dispute it, then when you agree with them they don't like that either!! :-P

Are we going to get the "blip" on the graph?
01/06/2003 at 10:12
Morning guys,
Hope you're all ok. Just to update you all on my mum. She came through her op. well, but she does have ovarian cancer. The doc has removed both ovaries and the fatty lining of her stomach. He said he had managed to remove 90% of the cancer and the rest will be dealt with by chemo. He said the tumour was massive and showed with his hands the size of a football!! Mum's stomach (which was really swollen), is now as flat as anything. Unbelievable. We have all taken it pretty well though - I think we were strangely relieved at finally being told what we (me/brother/dad) had suspected and now we know it's all being dealt with by a fantastic doctor/hospital, we all feel a bit more secure. Mum looks the best she's looked for weeks! (apart from the massive weight loss). We're just all taking each day as it comes really. Going to the hospital today again. My cousin Steve (who you may remember is also suffering from cancer), is feeling much better and is finally managing to eat and has actually put some weight back on.. which is fantastic!
Hope you all have a good day today and thanks to you for all your kind words over the past couple of weeks. 'Speak' to you soon. Love M xxx
01/06/2003 at 10:24
Fasntastic news Michelle - obviously still very tough but glad to hear your mum is looking better :)
1 to 20 of 372 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.