cramps

leg and arm cramp when running

2 messages
12/09/2012 at 17:14

ive been running for several years now, im 54 ive done 4 half marathons all around 1 hour 57  ,but the last one i locked up with severe leg and arm cramp together it went away when i walked but as soon as i started running it came back it happened around six miles in first time but now in training. it always comes on.i feel fine ,i always drink plenty of water . eat bananas, take multi vitamins. someone said it might be claudication, narrowing of my artieries,lack of oxygen,anyone got a clue.. 

18/09/2012 at 05:14

I am increasingly suffering from this on long runs (races). I put it down to trying harder in a race so probably not trained to run that hard, plus I sweat a lot. I read about this and think I might try this in future races. http://www.nuun.com/

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.