CT/MRI Scans

Where can I turn?

2 messages
26/02/2013 at 13:48

I want a scan on my lower body. I'm in a lot of constant pain but my doctor refuses to send me. Where can I go to get a scan privately that won't cost the earth?

26/02/2013 at 14:20

Hi Anna

I would ask to see another doctor! I'd been having back pain on and off for years, and last year I ended up with severe stabbing pains in my left buttock which I thought might be sciatica.  I asked my GP to refer me for physio, but because there was a 3 month waiting list on the NHS, I paid to see someone privately and I was told I had weak glutes.  The initial treatment helped a little, but then I was still getting the stabbing pains, and I'd stopped running for 3 months.  I went back to my GP and said the pain had been going on long enough and I wanted a scan.  She referred me straight away, and I was seen within 6-7 weeks.  My scan revealed a bulging disc. I just wish I'd asked for a scan sooner!

My advice is don't be put off - keep pushing for a scan, and don't take no for an answer!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.
Forum Jump