Diet?

What's your diet for running?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
07/09/2012 at 23:49

protein: tuna, salmon, chicken, pinto beans, baked beans,, eggs,milk

carbs: tortia wraps, beans, potato, whole grain bread

bananas, blueberrys, dates, strawberrys, blackberrys, weetabix, greentea, almond butter, multi vit, omega 3,6,9 supplements.

its a cheap and effective diet.

08/09/2012 at 09:43
john heald 2 wrote (see)

bananas, blueberrys, dates, strawberrys, blackberrys, weetabix, greentea, almond butter, multi vit, omega 3,6,9 supplements.

Those things aren't cheap? what are you on about?!?!?

Tesos mushy peas, 4p a can for 220 kcals, £2.80 a week food bill, thats cheap!

08/09/2012 at 10:26
strunner wrote (see)

Andy - agree with you, getting food in quickly is not the (or even one of the) most important elements of training.  For practicality I eat some oatcakes and have a glass of milk (so carbs and protein) as soon as I get in from a harder run / cross-training session.  I find the milk settles my stomach too (which is weird as it seriously upsets it before any exercise...!).

thats not a bad idea that. i never thought thought of doing that to be honest. milk is probably THEE best protein/recovery drink going to be honest.

08/09/2012 at 11:22
lardarse wrote (see)
john heald 2 wrote (see)

Those things aren't cheap? what are you on about?!?!?

Tesos mushy peas, 4p a can for 220 kcals, £2.80 a week food bill, thats cheap!

cheaper than 7 ready meals a week at £3 each!!!

08/09/2012 at 12:50

Salmon and chicken are really expensive! 

08/09/2012 at 14:15

Low fat choc milkshake is one of the best post-workout drinks, behind protein shakes.

08/09/2012 at 15:04

well yeah i suppose they are, but they're good for you!!

04/10/2012 at 12:40

Thank you all for the diet tips, i shall righr it down on my note book and go from there, and make a diet up for my self for all the info you ladys and gentlmaen have given me.

thank you very much.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.