Dodgy Hip

First running injury while marathon training

1 message
05/04/2013 at 14:12

Hi All,

I am looking for a bit of advice as just picked up my first serious injury after completing a 10K prep run under 50 minutes.

My hip on the right side, within the joints and ligaments were so painful post-race, that I couldn't put any wieght on my right leg and collapsed on the floor twice...

I could only limp for a good two weeks and have seen a physio who could not help with a specific treatment as the pain comes from deep within. (He said it was quite a rare injury) He recommended taking up swimming and cycling as non impact exercises in the meantime.

A month has passed now and I am finally feeling pain free, not sure how long I should wait with returning to training and what I could do to prevent this injury from happening again?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.