Does anyone take Chia Seeds or Flax Seeds?

Particularly interested in Chia

21 to 25 of 25 messages
18/09/2012 at 20:45

silly question I know - how do you eat chia seeds - I gather either add to bread or soak - how long for though?

18/09/2012 at 21:25

Once you've soaked the chia seeds it becomes a liquid like mixture and you can keep it like that for about a week and add to cereal, yoghurts etc whatever you want to add it to, or sprinkle them dry onto things or into a half glass of water with lime - some people do the latter before going out for a long run. I've also made flapjack style things and put them in, but some purists will think it's wrong to heat chia seeds (not sure about that one).

There is a ratio for water to chia seeds off the top of my head can't remember what it is though - something like 5-1 and just keep stirring for a couple of mins or the seeds tend to stick together and go all gloopy! Yuk........There is info on the website on my previous post - good info or online has stuff as well. Good luck!

18/09/2012 at 21:36

thanks J will try the soaking and adding to water..

19/09/2012 at 16:34

Hello, I have 1-2 tablespoons a day of chia seeds which I buy from Amazon and I feel they give me more energy for running. That may or may not be psychological of course but they work for me. I don't bother with presoaking. I either mix the seeds in with the oats when making porrige before adding milk, or I stir them into Muller Light cherry yogurt, which I then eat quickly.  I hope this helps

21/09/2012 at 12:33

or blend them in to a smoothie with your fav fruit

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.