Eating Disorder Recovery and Training

Long road.

21 to 25 of 25 messages
K80
07/09/2012 at 00:22
+1 2wheels - particularly that EDs are more about control rather than restriction.
07/09/2012 at 08:52

Eating disorders are a cry for help. Address the underlying problem. 

07/09/2012 at 16:50

It's good that you have recognised the fact you are slipping, but you clearly need to address the issues with food, to prevent a relapse - not being negative just honest.

If you have found the time to run then you should also be able to find the time to eat - the two need to go together if you intend to keep well! I think you said you had been given a meal plan so why not implement that and make sure you stick to it, even if you want to exchange some white foods for wholemeal style foods? For snacks nuts and raisins/dates are good and not to heavy afterwards - or do you have a list of 'safe' foods that you can eat more of?  Look at the times of your meals and when you run so that the excuse of feeling full before running cannot be used!

I do hope Tuesday goes ok - is there any other sort of help you can have?  With regard to Scott Jurek's book - look at it from the positive point of view that he eats really healthy foods; runs superbly and is not at all fat!!!  you have to accept the fact that in order to run you also have to eat - sorry I know it's sounding harsh but I also know it's true.....running has helped me to see food as fuel - still a long way to go but I do have a slightly better acceptance that I need to eat to run.

Good luck and take care (rest as well!).  

11/09/2012 at 21:03

Just wondered how today went?

11/09/2012 at 21:23
Aw thanks! That's really nice. It was sort of ok. My weight has pretty much stayed the same which is both good and bad. I got a talking to about 'excessive exercise' though and left the session early.

Thank you so much for your advice.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.