Eating disorders article

261 to 279 of 279 messages
21/04/2007 at 21:09
Thanks, Hoose.

Shameful to be back here, but there are worse places to be.
21/04/2007 at 21:11
I dont think it ever does go
completely

BUT

you got out before and you can do it again

dont panic
x
21/04/2007 at 21:12
shameful? -as you implied, it is a difficult disorder. From what I know , progress is a gradual move up with fluctuations -you are having a fluctuation I guess. Can you recognise any trigger points -this time?

x
21/04/2007 at 21:23
Thanks PH, it's so good to have this thread to come to.

Hoose, any kind of stress or pressure and it just flairs up. I don't always realise it's happening, it's gradual - not as though one day I'm ok and the next I'm not. P*ssed off with myself for not having tried harder to stop this episode when I suspected it might have been coming on. Think have been blasé because it's been a few months since I've been like this. Still, I have learned from previous times so it's not *as* bad. Hence being on here and feeling like I'm admitting to it (stupid, but I feel absolved somehow).
21/04/2007 at 21:27
Just reset when you feel ableLyra
My last good spell lasted years

wieght loss for me equals wobble in that dept
we will see

but, look on it as a temporary blip
21/04/2007 at 21:35
-if you could switch it off like that it would not be a problem Lyra-would it? Yopu will learn from this. As hipps said re-set when you are able.

just take care of the lovely person I see for a bit eh?
21/04/2007 at 22:16
Reset. I like that word, PH. Running's a big help on this one. Especially because it's all starting to go a bit better and I'm not getting injured.

Seems to all be about compromise.

21/04/2007 at 22:36
yes, it is indded a compromise

But you arent all the way in the black pit
tomorrow is another day, and all that

It sucks that this never goes away though
21/04/2007 at 23:00
Thanks Hoose - I feel none too lovely at the moment! :-)

No, but that pit never gets filled in, like you say. Sh*t, maybe I need it. As you say, compromise. If not this, then what?
22/04/2007 at 07:10
I think the pit gets partially filled actually

and yes-keep looking forwards
22/04/2007 at 07:13
morning hippo - shouldn't you be somewhere?
22/04/2007 at 08:04
yes lyra -that's why i said "I see" -trust me on that one eh?;O)

I agree with hipps. Nice to see the real undertanding that comes from real experience, As said before, I have learned from this thread more than any book can offer.
10/05/2007 at 09:38
boing for summerain
10/05/2007 at 12:24
another boing for summerain
10/05/2007 at 12:32
Hi, found it :)
10/05/2007 at 12:34
I can't believe how common eating problems are. If only it was easy for everybody to just eat what they should...
11/05/2007 at 12:18
Hi im new to this forum but i think its great, just thought id share another persons eating disorder with you. This is a big problem in society and i wish there was more help out there for us people. Im 29 used to run as a little girl with my dad then hit teens and stopped. Had anorexia aged 17 to 20 under 6 stone at worst then ever since have had eating problems restricting, and throwing up up to 3 times aday.
With my running i started up a year ago and am about to do my first 10k in june and really enjoying doing something i think im good at.The food thing is still an issue though, i eat small bowl of porridge a day and maybe bowl vegtables for tea and snack a little in between, but my running has helped me stop throwing up like i used to. Im much more confident with my body now then i have ever been and im sure well i hope with more effort my eating problems will get better the longer i run and realise i have to eat or i cant run. Current weight 7stone 10lbs and 5'4 but running has given me the determination to fight this thanks for reading hayley
11/05/2007 at 13:41
"this is a big problem in society"

When I was growing up in Rio, there was a big pressure for women to be curvy.

I spent my youth force feeding myself so I would look like them, with curves, boobs and bums. (I never succeeded).
11/05/2007 at 13:44
good for you hayley

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
261 to 279 of 279 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.