Fallen Arches + IT Band syndrome

I have Fallen Arches (flat feet) and keep getting IT Band syndrome

1 message
04/01/2013 at 21:23

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone has some good advise on my problem.....

I first had IT Band problems in my left knee around April 12. I starting to do some preventative exercises and stretches, took a visit to a physio who gave me a few more stretches and exercises to do and managed to rid myself of it. Then a couple of months ago (Oct 12) I started getting IT Band syndrome in my right knee.

I took a visit to a chiropractor recently, more out of curiosity. I got a good deal and thought I would see what they had to say. He checked my feet out and informed me that I had fallen arches. He then proceeded to try to sell me some orthotics produced by an American firm 'Foot Levelers' for £300. Along with some treatment, of course!

Thing is, I went along to my local running shop before this chiropractor visit and they gave me a video analysis whilst I ran bare foot and the assistant informed me that my running gait was perfect, I had a look myself at the playback and it looked pretty good.

I do not really want to shell out for orthotics if they are not required and will not make a difference.

I was wondering if anyone had ever had a similar problem?

I know we are all different and one solution will not fix a similar problem with someone else.....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.