Fallen Arches

5 messages
17/09/2002 at 16:51
My husband has recently been told by the physio that he has fallen arches. She has recommended a podiatrist but did say that a course of treatment may cost up to £200. Has anyone else suffered from the same? How much did the treatment cost and what was it?
18/09/2002 at 12:47
fallen arches is a term for flat feet I thought? There isnt a treatment for that specifically...

I have flat feet and run in a 'motion control' shoe (mizuno wave foundation)
28/09/2002 at 20:32
I use motion control running shoes and insoles and have had no problems running.
I have been told that it is possible for young people with fallen arches to exercise the arch over a stair to reduce the problem. Not sure if this is just a myth.
28/09/2002 at 21:16
I have flat feet and also run in motion-control shoes. I was once sweet-talked by a podiatrist into paying big money for orthotics, and they made no difference.

Wait till you get injuries that are linked specifically to the fallen arches before you shell out megabucks.
29/09/2002 at 17:45
I've been wearing orthotics for about three years. I have a fallen arch on the right side only, and discovered this when I went to my GP. I was referred to an orthotist through the NHS ad recieved custom orthoses free gratis. My problem was that I thought that if I wore motion control shoes I would be fine, but spent the next year with knee trouble because the combination of both threw me out too far. I'm wearing a neutral shoe(pegasus) and everything has been fine since. Perhaps your husband can try the same angle on the NHS?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.
Forum Jump  

RW competitions

RW Forums