Fat Club - 4/10

1 to 20 of 42 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/10/2002 at 07:20
Yippee first in!
Well I want to go back to bed ... my son has decided to get up an hour early the last 3 days and this means I must get up too. This means brekkie earlier = nibbles earlier :-(
So I have almost agreed to do the Reebok 10K (Nov 17) on Brighton Sea Front. Which means I have something to aim for! Keep me going through the colder months. There also seems to be loads of URWFRC people going there too!
Today I also get the long term loan of a HRM ... new gadget to play with! Then I may buy one to help me optimise my training and weight lose!
Can I go back to bed now?
04/10/2002 at 07:22
No!!!!
I actually mamged a run this am, so was going to rename this thread "back on the straight and narrow"
No booze last night, which is good, but was nor my personal choice
Ran about 3 miles
So it COULD be worse
EP, go for a run now, and then enter Reebok before you can think about it
Ill be there if Im not at the hospital
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/10/2002 at 07:43
Would love to go for a wake up run but I satrt work at 8.15 so I can't!
I want to try and do my first 5K in one go without walking tomorrow but only if I can get up early and get hubby to look after son as I have to be in town for 10!
So now I'm off to work so that I can get a cuppa made before I officially start!!
Well done for the run and it would be briliant to meet you at Brighton!
Have a great day!
04/10/2002 at 07:49
Have a good day EP
Good luck with the run
Having a rest day tomorrow because of the GNR (help)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/10/2002 at 08:01
GNR ... kewl I'll look out for you on the TV!
Good luck!
04/10/2002 at 08:24
Morning all! Did my usual 2 miles this morning, at 9.5 mins per mile pace. I want to do Brighton (some hopes - 10K!!!!), but it's on a Sunday again. Why is everything on a Sunday?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/10/2002 at 08:26
Sassie if I have to do Brighton so do you!
BTW Thats a good pace, I'm a lot slower!
04/10/2002 at 09:01
Morning all. My name's Velociraptor and I am a night-time fridge-raider.

Woke up at 2am with stomach screaming for food and had a 100g bar of chocolate before going back to sleep. I know it wasn't a dream because the wrapper was at my bedside this morning. No less ready for breakfast as a result.

Go for it, EP. Benz, see you on Sunday. I'll wear a thistle and carry a copy of RW under one arm and a bottle of gin under the other. Which brand do you prefer? Speak now, or it will be Sainsbury's own label cos I'm a cheapskate.

Teaching today. Just had a message to say students got lost and are currently trying to get back out of Walsall. Beats "I fell asleep on the bus and a drug addict tore up my homework", I suppose. Lunch being provided - hope it's curry.

She
04/10/2002 at 09:37
Hello All. I've been missing you all the last 4 weeks. Been and done little brother's wedding and been and now back in the office after 2 weeks working away. Some of you may remember me moaning about ITBS, been doing swimming and cycling to keep fit and am hoping all is well for GNR on Sunday. Given I'm not road fit I'm going to tag along with the RW 2:30 pacers ... I like the idea of running and walking! Weight has remarkably managed to only increase by a few lbs I'm back over 12 stone but it ain't a disaster.
She
04/10/2002 at 09:38
By the way, Cath, couldn't believe it when I opened new edition of RW and there you were!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/10/2002 at 09:39
She's good isn't she! Well done Cath. I think yuo are great and a real inspiration to me!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/10/2002 at 09:46
PB she is a twig now so the fridge raid was justified and I believe that the additional energy is required for the GNR (especially if she is carrying a bottle of gin and RW wth her !)
04/10/2002 at 10:47
I haven't felt so triumphant since I managed to convince my practice partners that Theodore Dalrymple was MY pseudonym!

Serious distance runners NEED chocolate for the iron and the antioxidants and the...well, never mind the rest, it just tastes nice. Even The Supreme Paula admits to indulging. It's just that my definition of a square of chocolate is two bars placed side by side.

OK, the girl on the cover hasn't got my face. But she's got my shoulders and my abs, and that will do for now.
04/10/2002 at 12:47
Oh I feel sooooo fat today. Going out for a run now with my 'fat clothes' on - baggy jogging bottoms/long baggy t-shirt... it's not a good day today..! At least the sun is shining though.
Michelle x
04/10/2002 at 12:51
She -- Oh boy, tell me about it! I nearly fainted when I saw it. Nice of RW to go about a roundabout way of adding support though :)

Oh, I'm incredibly fat today. No breakfast, sat at computer all morning and ate 2 bags crisps and a 50g bar of chocolate - me chocolate! (sigh) Oh well... I suppose next week I'll be back to eating next to nothing anyway :)
04/10/2002 at 12:57
Hi Michelle, have a good run,
dont feel too bad your not on your own,
I have put the usual miles in but put on 3 pound in in week, whats going on !!!!!
Bet it was the lager the other night, naughty boy!!!!!!,
I have just had my run I feel great now!!!!!

Gaz......
04/10/2002 at 13:13
V-Rap

I wouln't feel too guilty, I often wake up at 2, 3 or 4 in the a.m. with a craving for chocalate and, while I know I shouldn't, proceed to consume (usually) over 1000 calories worth. My will power to stop seems to be much reduced at them there small hours.

From your recent post this must make me a serious distance runner because I NEED this chocolate!!

OB
04/10/2002 at 13:45
Afternoon everyone,

Just got back from taking hubby for a full medical which completes our agreement (the deal was I had to get checked 'cos he thought I would have a heart attack from all my running and then he would too, just because he's getting old and fat!). Came away with a good report apart from being 1 stone overweight. He tried to bribe the nurses into doing 2 reports - a really good one for me to see and then the real one!!!

Have been healthy this morning and lunchtime, just porridge, fruit and then veggie couscous so still got my halo so far!

EP you can't chicken out of Brighton now YOU AGREED yesterday so get that entry form in. Benz, great, hope you can make it. Sassie, I don't know why they do races on a Sunday - can't you do an extra early service and then come along later? ;-)

V-rap, I wish I had abs!

Good luck to everyone doing the GNR I'll be cheering you on via the TV.

04/10/2002 at 13:48
Oh bother, forgot to say Michelle, why don't you come along to the Brighton 10k or is it too far?

Anyone else in that vicinity please come and join us - there are several of us braving it (of varying abilities and sizes!)
04/10/2002 at 14:57
Hi guys,
I did my run - or should I say I huffed and puffed round the streets for 40 minutes, getting redder & redder... Susie - Oh I'd love to do the Brighton 10K with you all, but I'm rehearsing all day on the 17th..shame! I'm doing a 10K this Sunday & a 10K next Sunday too though! Have just eaten 2 hunks of toast and marmalade - YUM.. I want some more, but I'm going to resist and instead, will go out and buy my cousin's get well card..! How are you all doing food/exercise wise today?
Michelle x
1 to 20 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.