Fat Club - Fri 27th

21 to 39 of 39 messages
27/09/2002 at 16:53
4 slices of toast, a tin of baked beans, a couple of chillis off the chilli plant and a ton of cheese grated on top.
27/09/2002 at 17:01
Wheaten scones? You don't get much of that kind of wholesome Scots cooking in the West Midlands.

Gordon, I might suggest adding a vegetable or two :-)
27/09/2002 at 17:23
I'm a wholesome Scot, Glenn ;-)

Chillis and beans are vegetables - that's two portions already. Not bad!
27/09/2002 at 17:27
and I've already eaten about 10 potatoes and a massive bundle of asparagus today... with a lovely swordfish steak...

healthy eating at it's best!!!
27/09/2002 at 17:34
Spuds don't count as vegetables, unfortunately - even though tinned spaghetti in sauce does. Beans are probably two on their own - one for the beans and one for the tomato sauce.
27/09/2002 at 17:34
Sorry folks, I was being a bit green and leafyist there. Although I do know that potatoes don't count as vegs (unlike Teletubbies spaghetti).
27/09/2002 at 17:39
I don't tend to count anything that isn't recognisable as a fruit or a vegetable. Fortunately, I can easily stack away about 15 portions a day - my "servings" are about three times the size given in the average "How to get to 5" guide. Does anyone really eat three spears of broccoli? Or one slice of melon? Or, for that matter, Teletubby pasta?
27/09/2002 at 18:01
Half a melon is more like it. Can you count the same thing more than once a day though? I remember this thing that only one glass of orange counts.
27/09/2002 at 18:18
Only one glass of juice counts, although you can get more from fruit smoothies. Don't ask me - I don't know what sums have changed hands where in the making of these guidelines! But I think you can count the potful of cabbage or the half melon as several portions. As with everything, variety is better!
27/09/2002 at 20:48
The lack of fibre in orange juice is why you only get one point. The fact that you only have the juice instead of the pulp removes the fibre.

They don't want to encourage people just to drink lots of orange juice to get their points as they will miss out on lots of nutrients.

That's what I thihk anyway.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
27/09/2002 at 21:15
evening all!
Just watched clebrity Fit Club - now can someone tell me why when they (and we) all know that they are fat, they call themselves fat, why is it as Fit Club?
Ok that's it tomorrow we rename and become the fit club ... I mean I think every one of us can do 1/4 mile in less than 5mins 38secs (rick waller)
Glenn cheers - again!
It's strange the way I have suddenly started to think about exercising... never used to.
I am currently doing the "Sport for Life" course ... bit miffed at their ratings though, I mean they have poor through to excellent, my 12 min run of 1.2 miles counted as below average! Have they included Paula Radcliffe's 5.06 miles from the FLM this year in there Mr & Mrs Average calculations!
I picked up a copy of marathon magazine today (whilst getting my long sleeved top) and it almost tempted me to apply ... a 91 yr old chap completed the course last yr in 6hr+ makes you feel kinda inadequate really!
Anyway I know I won't get the req'd 3.15 (for women) in a marthon next yr to qualify for 2004 but I will enter I think!
Sorry did I just say that???
Help!!! Must stop drinking wine I say daft things!
27/09/2002 at 21:18
Hi EP

I heard on the radio this morning that all the "Celebs" were unhappy about it being called Celebrity Fat Club and insisted the name was changed.

Dunno how true that is though

GFB
The Evil Pixie    pirate
27/09/2002 at 21:24
well I'm sorry but it makes them look silly in my eyes! Fat is fat ... i'm fat and there is no denying it. Ok so I may be slim to some with just 2-2.5st to lose but I'm fat! They go on a show to raise money for losing weight = they are fat!
Well as long as they raised lots of money I suppose we can't complain!
Ann widdecombe made me laugh ... refused to wear her t-shirt, disclose her downfalls and generaly was a misserable cow!
as for Rick Waller and his "sprained ancle" doing a 5.38 1/4 mile run ... sorry ranting now!
cup of tea time I think!
27/09/2002 at 21:56
Nope, carry on with the wine
much more fun!!
Missed it cos I was at the hairdressr, but have seen some of that model thing
You should see what they think counts as fat
On second thoughts, it wont do your self esteeem any good
Good luck for Sunday ep, i bet you surprise yourself!!
PS You could always enter the marathon via the ballot
27/09/2002 at 22:12
What's this about fit fat celebrities? Have I missed something? Sounds like it deserved to be missed.

Still time to enter London next April, EP - and you'll have started training for it earlier than I did last year! The old guy, Fauja Singh, is my absolute hero. I've cut that article about him out of Marathon News and made it into a poster for my waiting room, headed 'Don't say "It's just my age", read this'. I'll never be Paula Radcliffe, but one day I hope to be like Fauja Singh. Without the beard, of course.

I came home expecting to spend the evening baking cakes and stuff to sell at church tomorrow, but the vicar had come up with the suggestion of waiting two weeks so that he can sort out some publicity. Suits me - I can take along a freezerful of cakes instead of a night's work. Couldn't resist starting, though, so the house smells gorgeous - apricot and almond loaf, spiced teabread, and the chicken curry we had for dinner. Since they're loaf cakes, I won't be tempted to eat one or two to even up the numbers.

Now trying to work out how to fit my normal weekend training sessions into a weekend full of everyone else in the family having other commitments. Hoping to get to the gym for 8am tomorrow, but the likelihood of me ever being anywhere for 8am is remote unless I have a marathon to run and lots of money resting on me turning up.
27/09/2002 at 22:15
Quite fancy a bit of cake, actually
27/09/2002 at 22:41
Me too, Benz - fortunately, I have the results of Kevin's quaintly named "food tech" lesson yesterday to hand - a layer of sponge cake on top of an almost uncuttable layer of tropical dried fruit. It wasn't meant to be like that, but nobody had reminded her how to stop the fruit from sinking (although she should know things like that - she's supposed to be the fruit of my womb, after all).

I trust your hair looks gorgeous. I'm trying to decide whether to have mine scalped off again before the GNR or leave it another week or two. It's so short that it can go from "OK" to "haystack" in a couple of days.

EP, you've gotta do that half or I want my money back so that I can sponsor someone more deserving. So go out and blast 'em in that 10K! Like your site, by the way.
27/09/2002 at 22:47
Bloody cold
It better not put me off the GNR
Training Not going well, feel TATT
Could have something to do with the lack of sleep
The Evil Pixie    pirate
28/09/2002 at 08:11
Cheers for the sponsorship v-rap (and the comments re the site!)
Benz I behaved and had 1/2l of water as I couldn't be bothered to make tea!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 39 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.