Fat Club - Friday!

61 to 67 of 67 messages
06/09/2002 at 16:58
As a Fat Club newbie, could I have a definition of the wobble test?

And benign neglect never did me any harm...
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 17:08
I can only assume that the wobble test is those wobbly bits wobbling! But do tell us newbies more!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 17:14
Out of interest ... is there any real benefit of walking with ankle weights?
And has anyone else noticed themselves walking briskly arround the office in a semi "power walking" manner? Or am I just strange!
06/09/2002 at 17:17
no, you're not strange - well, you could be, and i could be too.....i am strange dammit, but walking around the office like a woman on a serious mission is something i've been doing for the last couple of days, too.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 17:19
It must be us then!
I used to slouch arround but I'm turning into woman on a mission as you say! An I was only walking 10 yards to the fax!
06/09/2002 at 17:23
The wobble test is just what it says. Strip off (wear a supportive bra if you're a girl - if you're a bloke and need a support bra, you don't need to bother with the wobble test) and stand in front of a full length mirror. Jump up and down. Big bones, large frames and heavy muscles do not wobble. Anything that does is F.A.T.

Of course, the really dangerous F.A.T. is not the stuff on your hips and butt and upper arms. It's the stuff INSIDE your G.U.T.

This test is at least as accurate as body fat measurement with machines and calipers provided your body image is normal.

Pixie, walking with ankle weights alters your biomechanics and can lead to leg muscle injury so ankle weights are best kept for doing static exercises. Having said that, I sometimes walk with 1kg on each ankle to slow me down to Mr V-rap's speed.
06/09/2002 at 22:17
Did my second post marathon run this am, all of 20 minutes cos I still feel 94.
Then had a bag of crisps for brekkie.
How can such crap taste sooo good

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 67 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.