Fat Club - Friday!

1 to 20 of 67 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 07:46
morning all!
Feeling positive today .. had a banana for breakfast/ wake up nosh and I am aiming to do a brief wake me up jog/run before work! Then a cycle at lunchtime!
Still not lost any more weight but feeling better for the running and people are starting to say I am looking better and that REALLY helps you feel good in yourself!
Oh and ... Hope the move went OK Glen!
06/09/2002 at 08:43
Hi guys, here I am for my once-daily contribution to the Fat Club!

Off home for the weekend after 1st week of training, did quite well, ate OK (well, 2 hot puddings but otherwise not bad!) and ran 3 times. Planning a 12M for the weekend...

Hope you all have a good one and catch you Monday!
06/09/2002 at 09:08

Morning peeps, NEARLY THE WEEKEND :)
Had a weigh in last night, down to 71.3Kg

Lost this week: 1Kg
Lost overall: 14Kg

Have been goodish food wise this week, main problem at the moment is I am ALWAYS hungry.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 09:11
Well DOne Gemini that it excellent! How you doing it?!
06/09/2002 at 09:20
Hi all. Gemini, spoken like a true runner. Being always hungry (despite lots of food) seems to be part of the deal.

I wasn't hungry after my long run last night, probably not helped by the fact that while I was out Mr V-rap had conveyed to the children my tentative promise to make them a fry-up if I got home before teatime. So when I got in at 7.05pm they were banging their knives and forks on the table and having sneaky licks of tomato ketchup. I barely got time to rehydrate and throw down a couple of biscuits and a banana. And (healthy eating confession time) I HATE fry-ups myself. Except for the potatoes, and then only if I've used duck or goose grease.
But I made a big pot of spicy chicken, veg and pasta casserole, ate half of it last night, and got into work early this morning so have microwaved and eaten the other half. Hopefully my room now smells so garlicky that nobody will linger in it, and the smell of the chicken will be permeating into the airspace of my partner Lay-Zee-Boy, who fancies himself as a militant vegan (as well as just generally fancying himself) and will annoy him as much as his plug-in air fresheners, stomping sulks and general existence on the face of the earth annoy me.

06/09/2002 at 09:26
Brilliant Gemini! Well done!
Pixie - well done for the run in the morning and a cycle at lunch - I feel virtuous if I've done one thing a day, let alone two!

Not a brilliant couple of days for me, didn't run yesterday as recovering from hangover, and didn't run this morning - I got a headache yesterday and it just won't go away - I think it's all the hours I'm spending in front of a pc at work.

So, quiet, good food day today in preparation for long run tomorrow (long being about 4 miles - nothing like the 12 you've got planned lamb!).

:-)
tink
06/09/2002 at 09:29

Evil Pixie, well unforutnaly it didn't come off over night I made a resolution in mid-feb to watch what I ate when I finally tipped the stones at 85.5Kgs, so 14Kgs in 6 months is fairly slow process. I work on the premise that I am strict with myself during the week and then have whatever I want at the weekend - and exercise lots. But you have to find a method that works for you.
06/09/2002 at 09:31
Hello all. I'm so impressed that you're all not only early enough to be here by now, but have done something productive first! Your days must have more hours in them than mine - i need to sleep until the last possible second that would make me late for work - my last day today so i really shouldn't have been late....oops!
On to a cheerier note - did a km swim last night, and have persuaded my mum that venturing into the world of exercise would not necessarily be a bad thing - she came with me and managed half a km! well done mum! So that was my (relative) rest day, and i can be back on the road tonight - yay!
Other good thing about this running thing, apart from feeling better and the possibility of actually losing weight rather than dreaming of such an occurance, is that my skin seems to be improving. not as many spots! which adds to the sense of feeling better, which makes me want to run, which.....vicious circle, but in a good way. what do you call that? a happiness circle? anyway, i'm waffling now so i'll sign off for a bit.
Keep smiling,
Pamela x
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 09:33
well I've tried Weight Watchers as they worked before ... tried alone ... currently trying Slim Fast. Lost 7lb in 2-3 months but to be honets I haven't lost any for a few weeks, but I started running 7 weeks ago and I've toned up and become an adict!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 09:39
My morning run was terrible ... I managed 10 minutes and that was it. This was not totally due to the time but also me. Since doing the Hyde Park 5K last week I have lost the ability to run. It is really annoying me, My legs are OK for like 1-2 minutes and then turn to lead. Last week I was running 18 mins having a 2 minutes walk then off again. I am so fed up that it hard work to stay away from the chocky
06/09/2002 at 09:43
Don't let it get you down Pixie, happens to everyone. Just remember that at least you're getting out there and giving it your best. If you've still got lead-legs next time, maybe got back a bit in the training schedule and have a run/walk thing? Might help loosen up the legs a bit. I have days when I can't keep going, and I just walk the rest of the way, and chalk it up to experience - not every day can be a good day!
06/09/2002 at 09:52

EP - exactly the same happened to me, did a 5K run on Tuesday and it was excellent, had a rest day and the went back into the gym yesterday for another 5K - and nothing, my legs refused to work. Sometimes that just happens, don't get disheartened just go for a long walk or swim or something and see how you feel tomorrow.

By the way my personal opinion is that Slim Fast is a crock of shit and the lazy persons way to lose weight, the only good way to lose weight and keep it off is to re-educate your self about food, not drink foul tasting milk-shakes. HOWEVER that is a personal opinion.
Have faith in yourself and the weight will come off, and as you said running tones things up anyway!
06/09/2002 at 09:58
Gemini - thank you, thank you, thank you! Finally, some one who agrees with me over all that slimming stuff. (Altho I suspect V-Rap might also have something to say about it...) The women in my office are all counting calories and saturated fat grams religiously and it is getting on my nerves - Especially when they start counting my calories as well!
A: I don't have the patience or self control to starve myself, and B: I have this feeling that it's not the best way anyway. So I keep telling myself that "everything in moderation" and increasing my exercise is the way to go - but progress is very slow.
tink
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 10:07
Well I hope the lead legs go ... as for slim fast I was getting deperate! I agree it is far from ideal and to be honest once the stuff I have has gone I won't get anymore but I got to the stage where I wanted to try something, anything to lose some weight as I was getting down and depressed about my weight which wasn't helping either!
06/09/2002 at 10:10
Fair point - but don't let it get you down. Be proud of the fact that you are running! That is a much cooler way to lose weight (albeit a bit slower) than drinking milkshakes. Remember - you are a runner. I don't know about you, but I think that's great!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 10:14
Thanks Tink! I think that running and you guys will help a lot!
BTW love the image!
06/09/2002 at 10:16
umm, as a rather uncoordinated wimp I thought it was appropriate! I'm intrigued by yours - you don't come across as particularly evil!
06/09/2002 at 10:28
EP - i tried slim fast for a while, too, and just found that I was so hungry all the time I kept sneaking illicit snacks, thus undoing any benefit I may have accumulated (however unhealthily). I know it's a cliche, but it is better to be happy and healthy than slim and miserable. Although as runners, I hope we wont have to choose for much longer - we can be slim and happy and healthy!
keep smiling,
pamela x
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 10:29
I work in IT and my old boss wanted to balme someone for something without blaming the team. He blamed the evil pixie ... as short a**e I got the name! My official name is Trixie the Evil Pixie!
06/09/2002 at 10:31
Hi all! I had a brill run last night, springing along in the evening sun, birds singing, rabbits bouncing, and the 35 minutes flew past (not that I flew, more a sort of plod but you get the picture!) I then blew it by having a large plate of curry (cooked by DH), loads of lime pickle and half a naan bread. Oh and two beers. I'm just hoping that my metabolism was still zooming along...

Today will be okayish - I feel decidedly grumpy as I will probably have to miss Windsor because of a business trip, so I am trying really hard not to eat to compensate. I wish I was one of those people who get stressed and go off their food - I just get stressed and want to eat more!!

V-rap - hmm, perhaps you need to do something about your partner? Sounds like he's got under your skin a little.

Gemini - well done on the weight loss -cracking stuff. Like you, I got to 85kg in January and thought - this ain't right. I'm not doing quite as well as you - now at 78kg - but I'm getting there. I agree with you and Tink on the slimming stuff. I fully support people's right to use it if they want, but personally I refuse to be sucked into that guilt trip stuff.

Have a good weekend everyone - I may not get the chance to log in but I WILL do a 1hr walk today, a 20 minute run tomorrow, and my long run on Sunday - 8 miles if I can manage it. I also promise to eat reasonably well (not completely because we're having dinner with friends tomorrow night and they're good cooks and it would rude to be picky and .... and ....)

1 to 20 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.