Fat Club - Mon 16th

1 to 20 of 43 messages
16/09/2002 at 09:36
Hi everyone,
Well, was I bad yesterday after the 10K..!! Sufice to say, there are no more chocolate biscuits to be found anywhere in this house! Back to being good today though.. (she says..!). I have got to really make a big effort this week though. Me and the Mr. are going on holiday on Saturday - on a cruise on The Oriana - now, you get 6 meals a day..!!! What's a girl to do?? But a week after I come back, I've got the Southend 10K.. so I must not be a greedy girl and eat like it's going out of fashion!! Mind you, on one of the nights there's a buffet made completely of chocolate... and, as you know, I am a complete chocoholic.. so I may have to succumb!! Intend to go out this morning for a long (easy) run! Be good!
Michelle x
16/09/2002 at 09:38
Have a good walk, EP!

Weighed myself today - another pound off, I think - but difficult to be sure as a large brat used my scales as a trampoline on Friday afternoon in a tantrum after I took my auriscope from him. His mother didn't seem remotely inclined to stop him, so I gave him a telling-off, didn't give him a sticker, and chucked the pair of them out since they didn't have a plausible symptom between them anyway.

Did body fat as well - 23%, down from 29% two months ago, on useless machine.

Back at work today. Bah! The colleague who DOES occasionally do some work is back off hols tomorrow, so things should be less pressurised here.
16/09/2002 at 10:03
monday morning... eugh

in true RW style..(2/3 thereof anyway)
cheers: I didn't put any weight ON this week - was concerned I might after a little bit too much entertaining this week so in 2 weeks, 3lb, 17 to go. I think the 12 miler on sunday as prep for the bristol half must have helped there.

Jeers to Sainsbury for putting becks on special - an offer I couldn't refuse!!

mission for the week - no alcohol til after the bristol half on sunday.
16/09/2002 at 11:20
cooked brekkie this am
Run this afternoon
And we both feasted So well last night that were not sure about going out for the Mr's birthday
Maybe my body can be sensible at times
WildWill    pirate
16/09/2002 at 11:27
Seemed to of stabilised at 14st 3lb and 19.5% body fat – which is not bad since I had 2 very large pizzas and a Chinese over the weekend ;o)

Still aiming for 14St and 17.5% body fat – hopefully my winter base training including 2 gym sessions a week will help me get there (muscle burns fat)

Will
16/09/2002 at 11:31
Ep dont let the B###tds grind you down
Only eat chocolate for YOU, not 'cos some d###head at work is annoying you
16/09/2002 at 11:39
Bah.

Had an arse time this weekend as I've not managed to shed the cough I was mithering about last week.
Felt proper miserable yesterday (Sunday afternoon blues) and thought a run would make me feel better, then had a huge coughing fit that left me knackered and doubting the wisdom of going out. So I hid under my duvet.

And couldn't sleep til gone 3am cos of coughing so quite grouchy today.

Apologies for the whinge.
16/09/2002 at 11:40
Try a hot toddy bb
16/09/2002 at 11:42
Going through vast quantities of water (ah the cloud has a silver lining!) and intra-venous Benylin.....
16/09/2002 at 11:44
Right ep, thats quite similar to a toddy
Bit early in the morning though
Freshly squeezed lemon ,honey and rum (preferably Captain Morgans spiced, which is also nice in Horlicks)
16/09/2002 at 11:48
Oh dear, we're a sorry bunch today aren't we!! Me included - I'm still sitting here in my dressing gown!! Just cannot get my bum into gear today for some reason... think it might be overdose of chocolate that is making me act as if I'm in slow-motion..!! If those buggers at work are getting you down, do what I used to... look at them and tell yourself in a light floaty voice..'This is all temporary..'.. well, it worked for me!!! (well that, and drinking at lunchtime..!!!). Right, now I am definitely getting ready and going for a run, but just cannot drag myself away from this computer..!! Been emailing my mates all morning!!! MICHELLE - GO...NOW!!!!! Oh ok... going....really...no, really..I'm gone.
Michelle x
16/09/2002 at 11:50
Stil not gone... forgot to say, I have done some exercise this morning.. Had to retrieve one of the nutty Siameses who jumped on top of the garden shed, then couldn't get down!! I had to climb up onto the shed (dressed in dressing gown at 8.30am) - not a pretty sight..!! Right, I'm going!
Michelle x
16/09/2002 at 11:50
At least the forum is stopping us eating
I find i need both hands for typing
16/09/2002 at 11:52
Hi everyone! Long time, no chat (or so it feels) Have been frantically busy at work preparing for a pre-pilot seminar delivery on Friday, which went well, so I feel I can relax and goof off a bit again!

Am feeling pleased with myself as a friend said yesterday that it looked like I had lost weight (I am ignoring the fact that she is so sweet, and says it every other time I see her!)

Had a good run this morning - am feeling good/smug about that! and I stopped at the fruit seller outside the station to buy a wee selection of fruit, so hopefully that will keep me away from the dark side today.

Michelle - you could always run round and round the ship - it's huge isn't it? That should keep the six meals a day under control...

My technique for the chocolate cravings is buy the richest, most expensive chocolate you can find - if it's really rich, I can normally only eat a small amount before I'm "chocolated out"! And the way I figure it, if you're only going to have a little bit of chocolate, why waste that treat on something cheap and common - spoil yourself, and you feel much more indulged! (also the expensive part makes you more reluctant to pay for it...)

Well done to everyone, you're all doing so well I feel like I have to keep making an effort!

:-) tink
16/09/2002 at 11:56
wow - in the time it took me to write one post, you've all moved onto an entirely different conversation! Give me a break, it's Monday, I'm allowed to be slow!

EP - if they're driving you up the wall, get revenge with my favourite: blue tack their receiver to the phone - but don't let any one see you do it - deniability is the key to this! another favourite is to take the ball out of the mouse, switch the mouse buttons around, or switch the keyboard to US layout.... Then deny everything. Petty, but in a strange way, very rewarding!
16/09/2002 at 11:59
Ta for all advice, particularly liked the concept of ones involving curry and booze...

Just rung home to order tickly benylin, fancy a change from the chesty sort.

Playing badminton tonight in a reckless kill or cure attempt.

I need to do something active, otherwise I know that when I feel better I'll just put off doing stuff and then I'll go back to the beginning and round again we go!

Glad other people are doing well though, proper inspirational.

16/09/2002 at 12:06
Tink, glad you're back. Missed seein' ya around.

My approach to chocolate is the same as yours, except I don't feel chocolated out on the expensive stuff, I'm just too stingy to fork out for huge amounts of it. The concept of "rich food" has passed me by completely, even though I know what it means in theory.

Pixie - don't punish yourself because all around you are t*ssers. Think leisurely revenge, and remember the eleventh commandment. Oh, yes, the opportunity will come along...

Cheers, V-rap.
16/09/2002 at 12:21
V-Rap - I have to ask... what's the eleventh commandment???
16/09/2002 at 12:29
Thou shalt not feed thy colleague's tie into the paper shreader while its attached to their neck?

That wouldn't rule out stapling their hands to the water cooler or writing childish (yet satisfying) rude things about them on the white board....
16/09/2002 at 12:31
I can see it now:
11. Thou shalt eat chocolate and not feel any guilt, but thou shalt not eat thy sisters chocolate.

BB - Isn't that number 12:
thou shalt punish annoying members of staff and/or customers...
1 to 20 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.