Fat Club - Thurs 26Th

41 to 48 of 48 messages
26/09/2002 at 16:55
Some of us work in the afternoons, Glenn. Not me on Thursdays, though - I have a half-day and come home and do domestic things then pick up two youngest sprats from school and walk them home before going out for a run.

"I want to go on a diet," my embarrassingly skinny 6-year-old said on the way home today. Oh, no, I thought, WHO has been talking diets to her? Kevin? GRANNY!!!! So I asked, "What kind of diet?" and she said, "A balanced diet. That means vegetables. So for my tea I'll have broccoli and peas." I pointed out that this wasn't really very balanced and she ought to have something else. "Okay, I'll have carrots too," she replied.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
26/09/2002 at 16:58
Don't you just love kids!
26/09/2002 at 17:29
Have been nibbling all day to try and stay awake
Think my toeail is gonna go today, are you there Vrap??
Cant ever remember being happy withthe way I looked, even when skinny I THOUGHT i was fat!!
I m hoping youve all gone home, so do ignore the whinge
Its just lack of sleep
26/09/2002 at 17:33
I didn't have a particularly "balanced" dinner. Rice with peas and mushrooms. Going to British Military Fitness now... it's such a good workout but it does remind me of basic training... except it lasts an hour rather than 16 weeks.
26/09/2002 at 17:51
Im off for a gin
26/09/2002 at 17:59
A wise choice benz. For technical reasons (nothing to do with hard work) I tend to be in the office late.

I was never happy with the way I looked either. Even when I was 9st I thought I was fat and used to try to eat nothing for days to get down to 8 1/2. The running now is a reasonably healthy way of dealing with a natural tendency to eating disorders. Unusual in a man I suppose.

Gordon, given a choice between military fitness and a therapist I'd choose the former every time. Almost certainly more therapeutic apart from anything else.
26/09/2002 at 18:25
Well, sad to say in the afternoons I have to work ... and I no like it much.
Had my half pizza now going to make a little pasta, carbo loading for sunday .. oh and I'm on my second beer.
In 1976 I had just started running in the minor's ... in my first National X-country chamionship I came 2nd... bitch beat me in the run in... oh god that was so long ago. We also got 2nd team, and I dont think I was 7 stone never mind 9. Now I'm a wee bit taller & a lot heavier well 3 stone and have always thought I was fat, but I'm probably not. Mid thirties and still a size 10, oh and in my teens I was slagged constantly for being too skinny ... you just cant win. Funny I got bulimia at 14 isn't it.
DD
26/09/2002 at 18:28
We're a bit of an odd bunch, aren't we? Perhaps everyone is.

Signing off till the morning. Have a great evening everyone.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.