Fat Club - Tues 17th

41 to 52 of 52 messages
17/09/2002 at 21:42
You CAN
I could always E mail you a piccie of me running, then you would see what laughable is
But I keep going
I think youre doing really well
Finish the bottle of wine if you must
17/09/2002 at 21:43
The usual guidance is increase by no more than 10% per week - adds up quite quick when you think about it. Just remember that each extra mile is another 100 calories. In practice you can get to the losing too much thing quite quickly because the running is often a very good appetite suppressant (sp?) - if I get home from work at 7.30, then run 6 miles, I can just about manage a banana. Two glasses of wine on top and I'm still looking at an overall calorie deficit for the evening.

Thought I'd mention the wine. I've noticed it's one of your hobbies!
17/09/2002 at 21:45
IF I can stop feeling tired(Is the marathon 2 weeks ago still a valid excuse?)
Im going to do 30 miles a week
Bet I dont lose an ounce
But it doesnt wobble
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 21:47
Well as wine is only about 100 cals a glass !!!
Anyway we need to treat ourselves!
Err and err and Ok I admit it I like my wine! But I don't like cream or butter so I don't have cream cakes or buttery sarnies :-) (am I trying to justify myslef here!)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 21:49
Oh I can't wait to say I have done a half or a marathon!
That would just be fantastic!
I always used to say "Oh I ride horse ... I rode at the Horse of the Year Show!"
But to say I have done a marathon, something that is just me and not the animal or a team of people working with me would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!
(See running 8wks and I'm already thinking of the FLM!!)
17/09/2002 at 21:53
use that to keep going
See you at the FLM(the biggest problem is getting in)
Where do I get entry forms for Reading?
Erm , think my wineglasses are probably more than 100 cals
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 21:56
Reading - my first half I hope so see you there! -is yet to update it's site! I check the site regularly so I'll keep you informed!
And yes my glass is large too but all the diet people say 100 cals so sounds good to me! hehe
17/09/2002 at 21:57
Cheers!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 22:00
Pleasure!
After all we can suffer together that way!
17/09/2002 at 22:00
Please see the alcohol fuelled pb thread
It gave me hope!!
17/09/2002 at 22:36
Well...I failed. Had the chocolate anyway. Don't want to be wasting away completely!

I don't hit the relentless meltdown stage until about 30 miles a week (must be something magical about that figure, Glenn), and last week was the first time I'd done that since being injured in January. I remember reading somewhere that it's not just because of the calories in can't match calories out thing - heavy exercise might stimulate our bodies to produce a hormone that increases energy use even further.

I do get the appetite suppressant effect, but it's an illusion. I don't feel hungry immediately after exercise, but point me at a plate of food and I'll be licking the pattern off it before the sweat has dried. And if I don't fuel up then, I'm like a weasel with its tail on fire the next day, especially if I've wakened up hungry in the night.

EP, you're more realistic than I was. I planned to do the London Marathon last year, then started running. It wasn't a total disaster - I completed the wretched thing and raised loads of money for charity - but I made every mistake in the book, from pushing up my mileage too quickly to trying to drink Lucozade Sport on the day despite knowing there was little chance of it staying down. Next year will be better. A half-marathon is a much more civilised distance.
17/09/2002 at 23:05
Oh well, sadly the ice-cream didn't stay in the freezer for long..! It's all Whitney Houston's fault.. the documentary was boring and suddenly I found myself standing next to the freezer staring at the tub of vanilla & chocolate swirl!!! As well as that, I've also eaten one of the Mr's Tesco Finest fresh creamy yoghurt things.. (I always say that this food is the Mr's don't I!!!.. and always end up eating it myself.. he doesn't know it's 'his' food does he??). Anyway, feel sick now..have lain on the settee all evening with nutty Siameses on my lap, making me lose all feeling in my legs (awww... but they looked so cute, I couldn't disturb them!!!). Think I'll have a cuppa then off to bed. By the way guys, I too have entered the FLM - me, who only did her first 10K this Sunday..!! I don't suppose I'll get a place, but I still intend to do a Marathon next year..(mind you, they're called Snickers now aren't they??!!) Night-night.
Michelle x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.