Fat Club - Tues 17th

1 to 20 of 52 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 09:17
So who's up for a nice healthy day today?!
I've had my cereal and decided not to bring anything other than a banana n today so I can't snack! Well it's worth a try!
17/09/2002 at 09:33
Morning EP. I had porridge for breakfast, which should get me through to the sandwich person at 10.30.

If you are tempted by snacks why not bring in an entire fruit bowl's worth?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 09:37
tired that yesterday .... ate the lot had a nice tuna salad lunch then hit the team cookies on the afternoon!
SO I thought I would try the not there can't eat approach today!
I have brekkie about 7-7.30 and 'm always hungry mid morning unless I am busy when I don't notice!
17/09/2002 at 09:39
Morning kids!

Dull cornflakes this morning, I know that's probably not ideal but at least I've weaned myself off cocopops.

Very taken with the smoothie concept though. I may venture down that road tomorrow.

Pixie - you are indeed evil, your thread about layering has lead me astray to look at RWs shopping partners...

My visa has gone into hiding.
17/09/2002 at 09:39
Morning guys,
I'm definitely up for a healthy day today! Going to go for a run in a minute (yeah I know I said that yesterday, and it took me 5 hours before I actually went..!!), but I am a determined little Michelle today..!! Slowly starting to pack for our holiday, oooh can't wait for Saturday! Hope you're all feeling good today!
Michelle x
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 09:43
Michelle ... mu mum went on the same boat as you and I am pleased to inform you that 3 laps of the deck is 1 mile! So no excuses!! Do a few laps then eat the cake!
BB ... I thought I had a perfect excuse for shopping when a mate came in today and gave me a top layer! Typical!
17/09/2002 at 09:48
My problem is I browse through the catalogues and think 'oooh, my life would be enhanced by this...and this...and this...'

I bought a bumbag thing that turns into a rucksack, very handy but you can't fit much into the bumbag cos it's full of rucksack...

Actually typing that's made me realise that I should try out the rucksack part before buying a new one (I know that's common sense, but I'm working in shopping logic).
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 09:56
shopping is good for you! See 'm not a typical girlie ... can't stand normal clothes shopping, but things for the computer and now running is fine!
Yes this includes food for energy (yes that means chocolate, biscuits etc!!)
WildWill    pirate
17/09/2002 at 09:58
This Years Costs – Healthy – But not for the bank balance

Talking of shopping I’ve just estimated my outgoings on training cost this year to be close to £2000 (see thread in gear) – and I have the nerve to call the wife a shopper-holic
17/09/2002 at 09:59
Good morning, everyone!

I can't do the fruit bowl thing because if it's there and a chocolate craving strikes I will eat the contents of the entire fruit bowl then still want chocolate, whereas if I know the only fruit I can get to quickly is the nasty wrinkly stuff sold in the little shop across the road I will just have a bar of chocolate and be happy with that. But I've had an apple and a banana with breakfast, and lunch will include a big mango (can't snack on that between consultations - too messy).

Planning to run later. Thought work would be better today, but Lay-Zee-Boy has decided not to do anything apart from "administration" this morning. I suspect that means lamenting on the phone about his football team's ignominious walloping last night. Ah, well, life goes on.
17/09/2002 at 10:03
Any fallout from yesterday's charitable works V-Rap?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 10:04
how come peach tea doesn't stop you wanting chocolate?
17/09/2002 at 10:08
V-rap -- hee! Your stories about your colleague really make me laugh! I imagine he looks like my old GP that I used to go to whom I no avoid after he told me that BMJ articles were far too technical for nurses to be reading!!

So I'm on for being healthy. Not had anything to eat yet but am going to do the smoothie thing when I go downstairs. Then I'm off to the gym and will have a short exercise session and a dip in the pool.

17/09/2002 at 10:15
Hi, all

Keep meaning to log onto this thread in a bid to keep on the diet but get very side tracked.

Had a good breakfast and am now hungry so going to eat a cereal bar in a minute...

Ive only just started running and really love looking for new gear, however Im nowhere need as bad as hubbie who has spent £300 so far this month....He only started running last month. I suppose I should be happy that hes getting fit

have a good day all
17/09/2002 at 10:23
Have had cereal and a banana and two coffees. Going to go out for a run now. Thanks for the info. about The Oriana EP - I will definitely try & run round the decks a good few times a day (if it's allowed).. when I've been on cruises before, they haven't let me as it could be 'dangerous' -for who, me or the other passengers, who I could knock flying overboard? Anyway, if not, I'll be confined to the gym, so not all bad. I'm determined not to have the six meals a day that are provided.. well, I say that now... but I know the Mr. will definitely give it a go, and he may need me for company!! Right I'm away for my run now..!!
Michelle x
17/09/2002 at 10:24
No comeback yet, BB - but I haven't seen him since then, and he probably didn't know I was doing the examination anyway. I shall leave it on a "need-to-know" file - if he accuses me of trousering the cheque myself (which I don't think he'd dare to do) I shall wave it at him. If not, silent revenge is just as satisfying as the clothes-shredding variety.

I don't know what your old GP looks like, Cath, but Lay-Zee-Boy is only 40, likes to think he looks and acts about 25 (wears sideburns because Liam from Oasis has them and tries to hang out with the medical students), but actually looks like a discontented and undernourished 40-year-old. Thing is, under that burnt-out exterior there's a very competent doctor and I'd love to have him back to the way he was 8 years ago! But he won't accept that he has a problem. Oh, no! It's everyone else that's crap.

Suppose I'd better do some work too, or goodness only knows what name Fizgog will have for me.
WildWill    pirate
17/09/2002 at 10:43
Have just had my second breakfast of the day:

Lucozade and a Turkish delight first thing (Pre breakfast snack to kick off the day)
Shredded wheat and tea at 8:00am (Breakfast 1)
A couple of crumpets with coffee just now (Breakfast 2)

But it will be late by the time I get a chance to have lunch ;o)

Will
17/09/2002 at 10:47
Hi guys. decided to have a lie in this morning rather than run, so will have to behave myself with food today! Stocked up on fruit again this morning, but as you've already said, it's not quite as satisfying as a block of choccie! and I've just entered the PMS zone, so chocolate cravings and generally being neurotic are heading my way! I shall have to warn everyone at work to steer clear of me till next week.

WW - two and a half breakfasts??? are you working on the 6 meals a day theory?
WildWill    pirate
17/09/2002 at 10:53
Tink

I’m a lord of the rings fan – so I follow the hobbits meal philosophy:-

Early Breakfast
Late Breakfast
Elevenses
Lunch
Late Lunch
Afternoon tea
Dinner
Supper
Late Supper

;o)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 10:58
I like that meal plan WW!
1 to 20 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.