Fat Club Friday 30th

Fridays Fat Club

1 to 20 of 22 messages
Nic
30/08/2002 at 09:20
Morning all, thought i would start it off today.
Went for a Run Last Night, It was a good run, felt good nearly all the way round.

I have lost 2 lb this week so far.

Nic
WildWill    pirate
30/08/2002 at 09:24
I’ve been devouring masses of Carbs ahead of this week TRI so Ive put on 2lbs this week.

Will
Nic
30/08/2002 at 09:43
Will - Good luck on the Tri. What sort of distances are u doing?
30/08/2002 at 09:48
Well done Nic, great loss this week. Where's the Tri Will? Good luck with it anyway.
30/08/2002 at 10:17
2lb that I'd put on miraculouly disappeared overnight - maybe something to do with recovering from the crash, and my 5 miler last night, but whatever the reason, I'm chuffed.

Good luck with the Tri, Will, sounds like you are well stocked on the carbs :-).

Nic - it's great when you get a run when you feel good. And when you know it's helping with the weight loss, it's a bonus. Well done.
WildWill    pirate
30/08/2002 at 10:26
Nic

It's just a shortish, but hilly, race:-

500m pool, 28k bike, 7.7k run

One thing though, at least the swim can not be hilly :o)

Will
WildWill    pirate
30/08/2002 at 10:27
Redhead

The Tri is in Barnard Castle in Co Durham

Will
Nic
30/08/2002 at 10:29
Will - lol at swimming. Well good luck and let us know how you got on.

Nic
30/08/2002 at 10:31
I like the idea of up-hill swimming - could be great for weight loss:)

Suppose the closest thing is swimming against the current. I watched the Ironbridge tri a few years ago and the swim part is in the river - against the current for the first 750m then back to the start with the flow.
30/08/2002 at 11:16

Will - so much respect to you for doing a Tri, if I live beyound the Nike 10K I would defintely be interested in giving it a go myself.

Weight - have been very good this week and then has ppl round for dinner last night and it all went pear shaped. However it is just a minor hiccup and today I am determined not to leave the gym until I have covered 5Km.
WildWill    pirate
30/08/2002 at 11:29
Glen

I did Newcastle Tri earlier this year and we not only had the current of the river to deal with but, since that part of the river was tidal, a quickly retreating tide - not nice

Will
30/08/2002 at 11:37
Hi everyone,
Well I've finally had my weigh-in this morning and I am astonished to find that I have lost 4lbs!!!!! Some of you may remember that at last week's weigh-in, I actually put back on the 1lb that I'd lost the previous week - but for some strange reason - despite not running since Saturday and despite eating badly all week..I've somehow lost 4lb - mind you, because I've had my little niece staying with me, I haven't sat down really!!! So, maybe it's all that activity - although not 'running', I have run around a lot.. Anyway, let's hope it continues... Got the Hyde Park 5k this Sunday...!!
Michelle x
Nic
30/08/2002 at 11:52
Michelle - Well done i am really happy for you

Nic
30/08/2002 at 12:20
Michelle, that's brilliant, well done. Good luck with the 5k on Sunday - is that the Flora challenge?
30/08/2002 at 12:26
Hi Redhead,
Yes that's right - The Flora Challenge, me and my best friend are doing it.. She took up running (along with healthy eating)about 2 years ago and went from a Size 20, to a Size 10 - losing a total of 5 stones!!! The Husbands are both coming with us to cheer us on. Are you doing it Redhead?
Michelle x
30/08/2002 at 15:07
Michelle, no, decided not to 'cos I'm gearing up for the Great South Run next weekend (my first 10 miler). Your friend has done really well hasn't she and must feel fantastic about herself. Good luck to you both.
Susie
30/08/2002 at 15:26
Thanks Susie, I'll let you know how we get on!
Michelle x
The Evil Pixie    pirate
30/08/2002 at 16:08
Hi!

I'm new to both running and this site. I started running about 5 weeks ago after I entered the Hyde Park run for charity. I've lost about 7Lb so far and I can now run for 20 minutes before I need a walking break.
It's great to see that others have been losing weight as I have a about 2 stone to lose and it is very slow in going!
I'm really looking forward to Sunday - and I'm also very scared, but it is a great challenge that has kept me going these last few weeks!
Well done everyone and good luck for Sunday

Kim
30/08/2002 at 16:28
Welcome to the club Kim. You seem to be doing really well both at losing weight and running. Keep up the good work and good luck on Sunday - I'm sure you'lkl enjoy the atmosphere of the event.
Nic
30/08/2002 at 16:39
Welcome Kim,
And well done on the weight loss. You come to a great Site, you will gets loads of good advice and support here. Keep it up

Nic
1 to 20 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.