Fat Club Monday 19th

21 to 23 of 23 messages
She
19/08/2002 at 14:23
Hello All. Had a goodish weekend. 7 and half miles on Sunday, and a healthish B-B-Q, shame about the large slice of unhealthy carrot cake. Anyway, according to gym scales I have a lost 2lbs in the past week - yippee.

Lamb, well done on the PB, you must feel fantastic.

She

-2lb
19/08/2002 at 17:49
Redhead, isn't being able to eat everything that isn't labelled "poison" and look like a spike at least one of the attractions of running? Fast weight loss scares the h*ll out of me. At the moment I'm happy to lose a bit of weight and would like to shed another half-stone, but not so quickly that tissues other than fat start to melt away.

It got really scary at the turn of the year when I was doing 30+ miles a week, packing away over 3,500 calories a day (try doing that while restricting yourself to a healthy, low-fat, complex-carb diet!) when the various formulas for calculating expenditure suggested I needed about 2,500-2800 calories a day, and disappearing rapidly. I've read since then that heavy exercise can make our bodies produce a substance which causes dramatic tissue loss. I'm obviously one of those who makes lots of it!

Came as a bit of a shock because my normal condition is slightly cushiony. I'm hoping to take the remaining weight off at a leisurely pace between now and the end of the year, but we'll see what happens.

Cheers, V-rap.

20/08/2002 at 08:14

oh god you all seem so committed and fit, am hoping that I am going to catch the running bug and melt some pounds away.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.