Fat Club Sat 7th / Sun 8th

21 to 29 of 29 messages
08/09/2002 at 20:06
No pixie, I meant REAL food. I love cooking
Sorry, perhaps this should be another thread.
Doctors are people too.
, AND this ones fat
The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/09/2002 at 20:18
Ok Ok so a nice meal is always appreciated here too ... just never get one!
But a healthy eating thread would be good too!
:-)
08/09/2002 at 20:21
How about---delias enchiladas, made wit tomato salsa, creme fraiche , wensleydale and cheddar cheese, chilli
Feel a run coming on
Thats tomorrows menu,avec green salad(with my own dresssing)

of course
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/09/2002 at 09:08
damn I don't like creme fraiche! Have to leave that one for you!
09/09/2002 at 11:13
Benz, sounds dee-lishus (Or Delia-lishus)! I like cooking too, but am rather constrained by time and by the fact that most of my catering is for kids who are sniffy about stuff in sauce (No. 3 memorably came home from school one day and told me that they'd had "curry and worms" for dinner - so I asked her older brother and he said "we had GORGEOUS spaghetti bolognaise". Halcyon days, when they were all at the same school).

Planned a sort of smoked mackerel kedgeree (recipe: Raptor's own) for tonight, but I'm going to defrost some tortillas for tomorrow. Bet you make your own!

Cheers, V-rap (runner first and doctor last when I'm on these forums).
09/09/2002 at 19:13
Pixie,can i tempt you with pasta and home made roasted tomato sauce (gotta do something with the glut)
God, that one might even be low fat
vrap, do your kids actually eat fish?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
09/09/2002 at 20:09
Benz tell me all about this pasta and sauce! There are 2 sorry 3 things I can live on ... pasta, jacket spuds and bread! love them all!
If you can tell me how to make said lovely nose and have it still nice for a packed lunch even better!
I'm all ears!
Cheers
09/09/2002 at 22:00
Right. Its easy.Get any old tomatoes.Cut in half. Place in dish. Drizzle with olive oil,bit of salt+ pepper and any green herb. Roast on low heat in oven for at least 30 mins till it turns to mush,I mean sauce. By low temp,I mean gas mark 4, or fann oven 150 or normal electric 170.
You could add peppers,red onions or mushrooms at the same time.Stir into pasta, and its nice as a cold salad for lunch.
I usually ruin it with cheese!!
Hope that helps
Do you like cous cous?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
10/09/2002 at 07:31
that sounds lush! Cous cous ... yeah like that but thought that was bad! See I need eductaing!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.