Fat Friends Club - 19/11

Welcome all!

1 to 20 of 348 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/11/2002 at 07:08
Morning all!
As Benz said lets get some mre to join!
sorry for being so quiet yesterday but TBFH was lurking ALLLLLL day! Then I had to go out in th fog for a farewell curry for Vinnie who flies home to Aus today - and so endeth another chapter.
Needless to say I eat far too much! but I drove so no drink which saved a few calories!
have a great day all and I'll be on when I can!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/11/2002 at 07:13
BTW - sorry Benz for getting in first today! You out running???
19/11/2002 at 07:16
mornin EP, mornin all.
What a foggy day - can't see hand in front of my face!
EP - today is, as they say, another day. I'm gonna stop pretending that eating what I like and then going around with my stomach pulled in as far as I can manage (that's not very far) is the same as losing weight. I'm gonna pull my finger out and get back to some kind of decent eating. Might even, God forbid, get organised and do a week's menu in advance. Only had a cup of tea so far but I'm feeling very positive today (hope you're more positive too Will). This is the first day of the rest of your life. Am also having hair cut today which always makes me feel better.
Have a fantastic day each and every one of you!!!!
Catch you later.
Claire
19/11/2002 at 07:59
Good luck Clariss - hair cut should put you in a positive mood.

Know what you mean about holding your stomach in! I shall make a big effort to be good foodwise today, but the challenge will be tonight - farewell dinner for ex-colleague.

Fingers crossed.

SR
19/11/2002 at 08:27
Morning Psi; so sorry about your news.

Hi Clariss, EP, SR; and Benz....... where are you?

Day off from church-y stuff today, but lots of therapy clients.

No running yet; still recovering from Brighton. Out again tomorrow I think.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/11/2002 at 08:41
Well I have come upon a cunning idea as to how to post without it being too obvious .... write my post in note pad and copy it in! That way I only have the RW site vissable for a few seconds!!
So 2 scotch pancakes for brekkie (yummy!) and i have opted out of the run today as my legs still ache! However I may use my stepper tonight ... we'll see!
College tomorrow and my Gym Induction (CV!) and then Christmas shopping Thursday (that's a work out in it's own!) as in ALL the shopping! Friday I am off work so will try to do some college work and I may very well do my long run then as I am busy at the weekend!
See I'm being organised and planning! (well it is the thought that counts!)
Really want to get below 11 for christmas ...
weighed myself yesterday morning (post race - no tea and possibly still slightly down on fluids) came in at 11.2.
Weighed myself this morning (post curry!) 11.5!!
So there is work there to do!
Going to keep up and inprove the running, gym starts too, and stop (try) rewarding myself with food!.
Thanks to Benz there is no Chocie until Christmas and I am adding a self impossed ban on Doughnuts, cookies and my latest love of marshmallows! (they may be fat free but a whole bag is a lot of calories!)
Anyway thats my plans for the next few weeks! ... anyone else sharing?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/11/2002 at 08:41
Oh any news on Speedy G ... SP said she wasn't good when we spoke on Sunday.

Oh again .... anyone read the thread by FFF on Cath's Story .... this sounds a good idea!
19/11/2002 at 09:05
Morning all. EP, long time no chat, how's life?

Benz.. where are you? she's gone very quiet all of a sudden.... must've upset her...

Have cut down on...beer! Only 2 cans last night!!!!!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/11/2002 at 09:11
Morning Barkles!
Been trying to do college work so staying off line as I know if I am online I will be over at the dark side = no work!
Benz has been very quiet here too ... where are you???
So Barkles how is the trainer? Is he whipping you into shape? Any hints or tips you care to share!
19/11/2002 at 09:17
Waiting to se my schedules now.. sounds not too fierce, but injecting professionalism into my training, including Heart rate targets and categorisation of runs.....

I'm enthused, but the first schedule will be here toady and I'll know more then...
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/11/2002 at 09:20
good luck .. let us know what you get/what happens!
Mij
19/11/2002 at 09:35
Hi all - no running and no posting for 4 weeks and I've put on 6 lbs. Even my wife who was "concerned" about me running too much is complaining that I'm not running now.

I must get out there today!
19/11/2002 at 09:40
Morning all. Trying to get my head back round the diet after feeling I could eat what I wanted to last week b4 brighton.

Bit down yesterday and today. Speedy G! is not too well. They found blood clots in her lungs and leg. I am told she will be fine but it doesn't stop me worrying myself sick. Our brother died in May from a heart attack so I think I may be worrying out of proportion but I don't really know. The nurses sound very positive but that's their job and as I am on a downer today I read everything the wrong way I think.

Thanks for your email EP. I'll send you the address today.

Now must stop moping around and get on with something. C U all later.
19/11/2002 at 10:04
Hi peeps, see you're looking for recruits - can I join plse?

rightyho - here goes, my name is Snoop and I'm a closet fatty.

I'm 6'1", and 12 st.7lb. Drink too much beer, and want to lose 5 lbs.

Have thought about cutting out Guinness, but been told that as it's a food and my staple diet, this would be too drastic a step this early.

Thought about Atkins, but smelly side effects don't appeal either.

What should I do, nice people? Help!
19/11/2002 at 10:09
Hello Snoop, didn't expect to see you here.

5 lb isn't a big target to reach over a few weeks in a healthy way. Anything fatty that you eat regularly you could cut back on? And how much guiness do you drink? Maybe just ease back a few pints per week?
19/11/2002 at 10:14
Well Glenn, about 6 pints a week, I suppose.

I think the problem is that I've cut down running from 25 miles p.w. to 15 - 18 or so p.w. and that's unbalanced the calorie intake/output ratio.

I need to cut out the Sunday afternoon 3 pinter perhaps, and put in an extra 10 miler each week.

Are you a regular here? - I've never looked in this forum before, but I must do so more often methinks.
19/11/2002 at 10:19
Snoop, I'm a regular here 'cos I'm a full blown bloater.

Your alcohol content is (IMHO) insignificant, but you're right about the mileage. That 10 miles is worth about 1100 calories a week at your weight.

Hi to everybody else btw. Didn't mean to just barge in...
WildWill    pirate
19/11/2002 at 10:32
Morning all

Had a bad day yesterday – felt really depressed and was working from home so I just snacked on junk all day :o(

I did make a healthy dinner thought – hotpot steak with winter veg –was made up of: -

4 lean beef steaks coated with black pepper and toped with grated onion, thin sliced carrots and thin slices of waxy potatoes (2 layers of each) to make little towers cooked @ 180 for 40 mins – yummy :o)
The winter veg was steamed leeks, turnip, small onions, carrots and spuds

Will
19/11/2002 at 10:50
Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining in. Have posted b4 but sporadic. Have lost 1stone 8lbs with Slimming World and regular running. Run 4 times a week approx 20 miles. Really enjoying it at the moment. Very slow runner - did 10k at Heanor on Sunday and clocked 68:14 so in the slug category! Am very keen to lose more weight - hoping speed will improve as I get lighter. Want to be a lean, mean running machine!
19/11/2002 at 10:54
Morning all, no weigh-ins today yet?

Mij, good to see you back...bummer about the gain. Never mind, you'll soon get rid of it. Get out those running shoes mate and it'll soon wobble away.

SP, I'm so sorry to hear that SpeedyG is so poorly. I hope she's soon on the mend and out of hospital.

Snoopy, come to join us bloaters have you? Better behave yourself on here then as we're all nice and friendly and supportive!! Your alcohol consumption isn't much so you shouldn't worry unduly about that but maybe your food intake could do with rebalancing? What's your carb/protein ratio? BTW, Atkins is a big NO NO! Horrid and unhealthy, please don't even think about that.

WW, not like you to be naughty! You're usually Mr Health & Fitness! Today's another day so forget it.

I haven't run today but have been to the gym with a super-fit instructor who's been showing me lots of weights to use to help my upper body strength. I realised that I've just been concentrating on my legs so I needed some guidance. He's given me a prog which is quite testing but I'm looking forward to trying something new.

Good luck to anyone weighing-in today.

1 to 20 of 348 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.