Fat/fit club Sat 28th

21 to 26 of 26 messages
29/09/2002 at 10:29
Have a fantastic run, EP. You'll sleep better before your next race! And you'll probably boot that 1:17 target into touch.

I thought I wasn't anxious about the 5-mile race I ran recently, but two nights beforehand I had a surreal dream about turning up for the London Marathon in my clumpiest pair of work shoes, with no evidence that I had registered, and half an hour late ("but it doesn't matter cos you get an accurate start time anyway..."). It was so vivid that I had been awake for half an hour before my brain fully registered that this was not for real. Had a couple of less memorable race-related dreams in the past few days, probably related to the GNR. Suppose it's a healthy way of working through subconscious anxieties.
29/09/2002 at 17:01
Hello all,
V-Rap - my boys love me again! Think they have forgiven me for abandoning them to the cattery for a week! Neighbour's cats also alive & well..!! Still haven't run, as I've been parent visiting today and have only just got back - now I've got to go feed the neighbours cats/guinea pig and then have still got about 3 loads of holiday-washing to get through.. where does all my time go???
Pixie - how did the 10K go??
Michelle x
PS - still too scared to venture onto the scales...
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/09/2002 at 19:22
Well someone forgot to say that the gentle slop was actually 1.5miles long and it was after 7K and there were some other hills too! anyway finished in 1hr 24 so not too bad! However I have huge blisters so looks like I do need new shoes (even if my current shoes are just 10wks old they must be a bad fit :-( so more money!)
the three of us plodded round together so it was fun and we crossed the line together... joint last! We did consider slowing down so we could sit on the safty car's bumper at one time!
My legs are now complaining at what I have put them through and I want to go to sleep but I can't until 10 as the bread is on and I have school shirts to iron ;-(
Tomorrow I start working early to allow me time off for college.
Tomorrow is also when i start my healthy eating regime properly!
Tonight Iput my feet up and drink wine!
29/09/2002 at 19:45
Well done, EP. If you run a race with someone, it's only polite to slow down to their pace, isn't it :-)

What are you running in? If you have blister-prone feet, it's well worth checking out not only your shoes but also your socks.

Enjoy your wine! And a little something to dunk in it. You've just run off about 700 calories so you have room for a treat - unless you and your friends headed straight to the coffee-and-muffin bar afterwards.

Cheers, V-rap.
29/09/2002 at 22:12
Well done Pixie! You well & truly deserve the wine... I have eaten lots of chocolate tonight - I have no excuse, other than I wanted it! Going to go running tomorrow and, like you Pixie, my healthy eating begins tomorrow. Going to bed now before I eat anything else..! Night all..
Michelle x
29/09/2002 at 22:46
Well done EP
This is a personal best!!
Food crap at hotel, and danced like an idiot for 3 hours, it was like 3 hours of aerobics
Then visited my sister and persuaded her to deviate from the ATKINS diet, didnt take much
Dont know if Ill be good tomorrow, another 56 hour on call Sigh

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.