Feeling dizzy after run!

7 messages
02/09/2003 at 18:46
After my last couple of runs (about 45mins long) I've been feeling really dizzy. Not sick or faint or anything, just really dizzy as if the room's spinning. It goes after about 5 minutes of getting home. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?
02/09/2003 at 18:58
Blood pressure?

Might be worth mentioning to the GP.
02/09/2003 at 19:38
i would say blood pressure too.

i have low blood pressure and i get dizzy all the time, especially when i stand up. horrid!

go get it checked.

good luck
02/09/2003 at 20:02
I'll make an appointment, thanks!
03/09/2003 at 09:02
May be low blood sugar too.

Prozac
03/09/2003 at 11:42
When do you run, have you eaten 3 hours before, could be low blood sugar I suffer from this a lot and snack regularly. I also have low blood pressure, have fainted on a number of occassions after crossing the line of races.

Try eating more salt to help raise your blood pressure before/after training. I have several doctor friends who say this explains why I crave salt, I tend to shock people with the amount I put on my foods!
05/02/2013 at 08:50

I am getting dizzy too after a run. But I am already taking pills for high blood pressure! Does this mean that I should take them after the run rather that before?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.