Feet of stone

3 messages
15/11/2002 at 12:16
I have recently started getting feet of stone about 2-3 miles into a run. My left foot seems to tighten around the toe ligaments and the arch and then this spreads to the lower leg - seems worse at the front of the leg. This leads me to run without any push off power as I cant raise my foot properly during the stride, so I end up running with static feet! I must look like Ronald MacDonald!!!

I have tried loosening laces and no socks, which worked for a couple of runs before it came back. I have a normal foot plant with no supination of excessive pronation.

Any ideas advice would be greatly appreciated.
15/11/2002 at 12:54
Would consider looking at your ruinning shoes now then and maybe changing.
H.
15/11/2002 at 13:32
All of a sudden I'm getting stiff lower legs too? Could it be something to do with the weather? Running shoes have been OK till now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.