Feet or shoes

5 messages
12/12/2004 at 17:04
Can anyone shed any light - when I have run for about 30 minutes my right foot starts aching across the bridge. I have to loosen off the laces of this shoe. It only happens with the right foot - is it the shoe, foot, leg???? Any ideas, anybody? Distance makes no difference and the most I manage at the moment as a sort of beginner is 7.5/8 miles.
13/12/2004 at 08:43
Get some one to watch your running action, you might be turning you foot or have higher/lower arches on you each foot, do you get your shoes from a running shop and have them fitted?

Do you stretch properly after and when you are not running? Might be muscle tension causing pain in your foot? Only do a good stretch when you muscles are warm, ie after a run or hot bath or massage, try doing some ankle exercises, hope this helps
13/12/2004 at 08:44
Mmmm, must check for spelling mistakes before pressing submit!! "your" foot that should say. "you" delete before each foot!
13/12/2004 at 13:21
Thanks Brunette bird - no I did not have my shoes fitted properly - and I will certainly do so in the future. I do stretch after my run - always have done and am very diligent about doing so. I really think its probably something to do with the shoes.
02/05/2009 at 18:34
Im having something similar however it is beginning to ease off now i put flatter insoles in my shoes ! Try some different insoles and to stretch it out in the meen time, i do these exercises, rolling my foot over a tennis ball, and laying a towel on the floor and just practice trying to grip it with your toes, it stretches your foot out more than you realise!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.