First cold of the season

I'm going to be sensible this time!!

7 messages
23/09/2006 at 13:04
Thanks to the Jigglets return to school I have a filthy cold. Nose running like a tap, sneezing non-stop, wet tissues in the pockets/ sleeves of all my clothes and eyes like boiled gooseberrie! Instead of just carrying on running (which is what I normally do if it's just a head cold) I am going to rest: I'll let you know if it works! Any comments welcome(!)
23/09/2006 at 14:18
I don't have a cold cold, but have been unable to run for about 4 weeks due to a major virus.

Are we alone do you think?

23/09/2006 at 15:28
Yes, I would just want to carry on running.Fresh air being healthy and all that. Perhaps a brisk walk, deep breathing etc?!
23/09/2006 at 15:52
R100 I think we must be!
MTD I daren't. I've done that before and made myself really ill. Will do the walking when the body stops aching. x
23/09/2006 at 16:49
I ended up in hospital with my virus getting checked out for Heart probs clots and things like that after chest pain in a run, not realizing I was ill (can happen)...

Still at home with dodgy giddy ears and weird things like that. The really sad thing is I got a GPS from Poorly Feet about two weeks ago and it's still in the box!

r1..
23/09/2006 at 18:41
(((R100))), How terrifying! Thank goodness you're OK (ish). What are you doing/can you do to speed your recovery. I guess not looking in the GPS box would be a start!
23/09/2006 at 21:00
Thanks j

I am feeling a bit better now and hope to hit the road here in Exeter in a week or two. I had enough of the heat anyway, and (for some strange reason) enjoy my running more when the leaves are coming of the trees and its a bit chilly!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.