Fitted new trainers helped shin splint but sole of foot killing :-(

2 messages
25/02/2013 at 20:44

I have recently started running and was suffering with pain on the inside of my calf, from looking online it seemed to be shin splints so I decided to go to a running shop and get fitted for trainers to see if this helps as the trainers I was wearing were from sports direct and I didnt wasn't sure how good the fitting was.

I went to a running shop where they video recorded me running so they could see my feet position and gave me several shoes to try on.  I selected the ones that felt nice and went home,  Well I have now done 5 runs in the trainers but the sole of my feet kills when I am running (fine when I am walking, unless I have just finished runnning then they hurt for 1 min or so). They do seem to have stopped my foot rolling to the side though.

Is this a case of wearing them in or should new running trainers feel fine straight away?

25/02/2013 at 21:13
Think it's just a case of wearing them in, I use the same trainer, same brand just the next model and everytime I get issues until there worn in. In fact I now buy them a month or so before I actually need them and wear them out walking or around the house just to break them in before running in them.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.