Flat foot problems

2 messages
21/03/2013 at 22:50
Hi, I have very flat feet and have had custom made orthotics for this which I have been using for several years, and I also wear them in my trainers when at the gym to avoid painful knees. They have been working fine as without them I quickly start to develop pain around both knees. However I have noticed since I've started running again I am experiencing a lot of pain to the inside of my shins. At first I thought if just pulled something and tried to carry on, but today I had to stop and it hurts to walk. Im presuming this is all related to my feet, and I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice about where to go or who to see about this. I've tried to research shoes for overpronation but feel I need to speak to someone first. Any advice will be much appreciated!
22/03/2013 at 08:19

Morning

I'd give the podiatrist who cast your orthotics a bell. They've done the job thus far and may need tweaking...or it may be the shoes you run in with your orthotics.

A few balls in the air, but don't panic - get on the blower.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.