Foot and calf cramp in Half Marathon

Cramp

1 message
11/06/2012 at 11:02

Hi, I'm a regular runner and have done two marathons and a hand full of halfs.  On Saturday I ran a half marathon and for the first time suffered from really bad cramp after about mile 8.  Before them I was doing great and was on for a PB.  At one point I had to physically pull my toes straight as they were virtually touching the ball of foot.  I always carry a pack with carb/electrolite drink in and had been drinking it.  I tried stretching but had to finish the race running 100mtrs, stretching, massaging walking, running 100mtrs etc.  Any thoughts on why this should have happened as I can't think I did anything different from normal other than having run my last 1/2 just two weekends ago. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.