foot injury

4 messages
16/01/2003 at 09:15
I have been running for 2 years now firstly to run a half marathon then got the bugg and carried on doing variuos 10k's and stuff.I have never had an injury in that time but now I have what seems like bruised and strained toes and ball of my right foot
being uncomfortable after around 3 miles.Do you think this is indicating that I should change my shoes,or is it something that will wear off.I run in asics 2060's which I really find great but have had them for about a year now although they look fine do they lose there cushioning.I run around 15-20 miles aweek and working op to a half marathon in april so I feel i should sort it out now.Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.as I am sure a visit to my doctor's would be time wasted
Thanks a lot

Alan Locke
16/01/2003 at 09:19
I love 2060s too, but at 20 miles a week for a year, you've run over 1000 miles in them, so they'll be knackered!

Having said that I got a similar problem with new 2070s, last time I was in a running shop they said that the 2070s (and 2080s) had a stiffer midfoot which meant that more bend had to come under the base of the twos, which had caused problems for some people. They said it was true to a much lesser extent on the 2060s. Having said that lots of people love the 2070s, but I never got on with them and have gone for 1080s which so far seem good (had them a couple of weeks, not tried any long runs yet).

That's not as definite answer as you'd want I guess but hopefully food for thought!

Good luck with it!
16/01/2003 at 13:12
I agree with Iain, your shoes have had it! Manufacturers reckon on 500 miles as a life span but of course they have a vested interest in this! But, over a 1000 miles is too far for the cushioning to be offering you any protection now. I did have a problem last year with pain in the balls of my feet (felt like I was running on bone) and it turned out to be "seed corns" which were removed by a chiropodist - may be worth a visit? Good luck, Amanda
12/02/2003 at 10:41
With the on going saga of my foot problem.I have changed my shoes to the new asics 2080's.Has anybody noticed instep support Cos after 5 or 6 miles it really gives my instep some grief and has blistered it once or twice,Do you think I should perservere and run them ina bit more or have they made it a lot stiffer
and not telling anybody? or maybe it's just me!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.