Foot pain from spinning

6 messages
12/07/2012 at 09:15

Does anyone on here do spinning classes and had a problem with their feet?  I have a pain in the underside outer edge of my left foot, feels like it is bruised. Had trouble walking on it after a race Sunday and only just on the mend now. It came on after a downhill section of the race but i had it previously the week before and the only thing thats different is that I have taken up spinning classes twice a week.

12/07/2012 at 22:25

I had this in the past (I haven't done spinning for a while). I spoke to the instructor, and he recommended cycling shoes.

13/07/2012 at 10:28

Thanks, have just ordered some.

13/07/2012 at 15:00
Spin at least 4 times a week and always use spin shoes with clip ins. The one time I didn't had soreness like you describe and I find the shoes protect damage to your knees. I would add stretch a lot after spin. I have suffered with tendinitis due to overly tight calfs,but great for keeping fit
13/07/2012 at 15:23

Thanks, I am really enjoying it but have been unable to run this week at all due to sore foot. I will do extra stretching to, as they don't do much after the class.

14/07/2012 at 10:22

I have a pain in the underside outer edge of my left foot, feels like it is bruised.

http://www.avufo.info/g.gif

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.