general calf ache tips needed

3 messages
22/02/2012 at 09:42
Hi

Yesterday I did my first ever 10k run. My legs stiffened up quite a bit after.. and as to be expected stiff today too.

I'm not bothered by the stiffness its all a part of strengthening the muscles up, I am just wandering what I should do to get the optimum results from the muscle workout.

I stretched afterwards, have been drinking lots of milk for protein. Will stretch some more today.

Does it matter if I go for another run, or play badminton, whilst I've still got pretty tight, aching muscles? I would stretch before and after.

Anyone got any tips.

I the past with aching muscles I have just stretched and got on with doing some more... is this less effective than waiting for them to heal.

Thanks for reading, all tips welcome
22/02/2012 at 13:27
At the moment I seem to be addicted to using a foam roller and a wobble board. The roller is amazingly painful but is loosening my aching muscles.
22/02/2012 at 19:34
.. sounds good though. Maybe I should find a human to rub them for me

is that a good chat up line?

I need someone to rub my calfs... you busy?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.