Getting unfitter with more exercise

3 messages
20/01/2013 at 20:27
Hi, I've got a problem and I don't seam to understand what it is, I thought I would consult you running professionals before seeing my gp. Here's the story so far: I joined the gym over a year ago, and when I first started I went from no exercise at all, I found I could run for about 10 minutes or so and wouldn't find it that hard to exercise etc, my heart rate would stay about average (for people exercising) I go to the gym about 3 times a week now, but I've found I can't run for longer than 2 minutes. As soon as I hit that time I literally can't breathe and have to stop and my heart rate is so high. Since noticing this I've found running up stairs etc seams to send my heart rate up a lot too. I am not overweight or have a bad diet. I've been trying to lose weight so eat healthy etc. it's getting increasingly more difficult to exercise the more I go and I have been able to perform less and less since joining which makes no sense to me ? Surly the more I go the better stamina I build etc. I was just wondering why this is so ? It's making losing weight so difficult and very unenjoyable due to discomfort when I exercise, and I'm talking really out of breath and pains. Thanks
cougie    pirate
20/01/2013 at 23:35
That doesn't sound right to me.
I'd be asking my gp for a check up.
21/01/2013 at 07:23

See your gp.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.