GI Diet for running

Recommended? Is anyone doing it?

1 message
02/07/2012 at 08:07

I was listening to a podcast from TalkUltra and they had their training talk about the GI Diet and being a lot better for runners due to using fat stores rather than your carb ones and generally your energy being a lot better if you're planning to be running longer. As much as I'd love to be a sub 3.30 runner - at the moment that's not realistic, so i'm hoping that with a few changes in diet I can help get my existing times down to facilitate some more PB's for my autumn marathons. 

I know that it's been going round for a while and there a few threads already about it but wanted to ask if there was anything 'new'? How many runners out there are following the GI Diet? Can anyone suggest a good guide to follow (with meal ideas etc)? Has anyone noticed any 'negative' effects from following it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.