Gluteus Medius Tendonitis

Gluteus Medius Tendonitis

7 messages
12/03/2014 at 11:40

Just got MRI results yesterday and have some Gluteus Medius Tendonitis.

Has anyone managed to get rid of this?

26/03/2014 at 11:25

Bump:

It's actually tendinosis with low-grade partial tear.

Anyone help?

26/03/2014 at 20:08

Its the Emperor's new clothes (along with FAI)

Wouldn't worry about what it's called - lots of people have it and get very much better, but you need to know why you've got it.

Top tips are a super tight mid back, unstable lower back and poor gluteal control when balancing on a single leg..

27/03/2014 at 12:23

Thanks.

I agree that glute problem and poor pelvic stability have been the cause. I am working on this.

My question really relates to the tendinosis, how can I get rid of it? It's extremely painful and irritating. It is a chronic condition so I need to do something to get it moving? 

I have seen several physiotherapists, they have all prescribed me exercises to strengthen my glutes, but none of addressed the tendinopathy.

Should I be doing eccentric loading, this is what I would expect for tennis elbow or achillies?

Mick

27/03/2014 at 12:33

http://glutealtendinosis.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/mri-results/

27/03/2014 at 18:55
They're all giving you lovely exercises to deal with the lack of strength - if you're weak.

BUT most people are very strong, but can't control the strength.

Control not strength. Know why you've lost control (you don't just wake up with it) and go for that and the symptoms will follow. Don't be tempted to just chase the symptom and feel less tender.....

Go for your life on eccentric stuff but don't forget why you're doing them.
27/03/2014 at 19:30

I am much weaker on my uninjured side.

If I had to guess, I have been limping for years, while struggling with achillies tendinosis (on the weak side). I don't think this glute has been firing, so the other side has suffered.

I know why I'm doing them, to remove the constant pain and irritation. Running again would be a bonus, right now, I just want an end to the misery.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.