grade 1/level 1 calf strain - getting back to running

need some advice

1 message
16/04/2013 at 22:01

3 weeks or so ago i was running 4 miles and 100 m to home my calf left calf went pop. seen a physio who identified the problem and nerve damage going back to a serious fall i had in november [ i rested for 6 weeks and swam most days and got back to running in feb]. i have followed the advice given and the exercises suggested and my legs do feel stronger . physio said their were no problems with my trainers .i always stretch both before and after a run . i have tried a walk run the other night and my legs ached understandably but i want to get back to running . should i stay with walk / run , then move to running or run shorter distances ? the other thing is i am afraid of my calf going again as the pain was unique to put it mildly - should i just go for it ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.