hamstring injury

3 messages
25/10/2010 at 08:54

Hi

can anyone advise on a hamstring injury, I have had pain for over a week especially when I kneel or sit with my legs bent, and have a small bruise on my hamstring.

What is the best way to recover from this,I haven't ran for over a week but obviously do not want to be out for too long.

Is a physio visit needed ?

Thanks 

30/10/2010 at 23:41
Bump
Can anyone help with this, I've got a pain in mine too (but no bruise) so would like to see some answers.
26/02/2013 at 17:58

I visited a physio last week who told me I had a mild hamstring strain.  She did some ultra sound and massage on it and then strapped me up with tape.  Advice was not to run for a week.  I am going back to see her on Thursday but still have a little ache.  I am hoping to start running again.  I would advise going to see a physio, as she told me if you run on a mild strain hamstring injury you run the risk of it tearing and then its a 6-8 week repair time. I have a half marathon this Sunday but not sure if I will be able to run it.  If anyone has any further advice, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.