Hamstring Tendons

VLM 2013

1 message
25/03/2013 at 16:35

My training has been going well so far (ran the Thanet 20 which is my longest distance), as well as a number of 13/14/15/16 runs.

However after a recent run I've got some nagging pains in my hamstring tendon (outside right) which is causing a bit of discomfort.  I'm RICEing up and things but don't want to overstretch myself now with four weeks to go?  I can walk ok and it's nothing overly painful - just more of a dull pain and slightly sensitive to a push on the tendon.

I know there's no magic answer but do people think I should just completely rest up to ensure I get to the start line in London as close to 100% as possible or test it a bit more?

It's my first marathon and there is no chance of pulling out (even if I have to crawl around).  I think I've got enough miles in my legs but what could I lose by keeping off the roads to stop further damage?

Any stretches/strenghtening excercises people can recommend?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.