Hand injury.....

i know i should jftu

6 messages
10/02/2011 at 21:33

Have sprained my finger. Hence crap typing.

I know it's pathetic but can't face running even tho I have a race in 2 weeks and would actually love to train. (i.e. legs want to but brain says no)

I just thnk that every jolt on the pavement wd be painful. Anyone any exp of running w hand injuries? Any tips? Treadmill? 

10/02/2011 at 22:00

Have a few days of  RICE, then stop being a wimp if possible.
In December I fell and broke wrist in 4 places, arm put  in fibreglass cast, took pain killers, went to gym and did walk/run for 20-30 mins, also cycled in gym but couldnot put hand on bars. The doc had agreed this was a sane plan as I have a duathlon in April and sprint tri in May.

Warning, make sure you hold hand away from body enough so you donot catch it against clothing or body as arms swings - it will hurt- I know from experience.

I am now outside running as normal but still having physio on wrist, all is not lost.

Edited: 10/02/2011 at 22:02
10/02/2011 at 22:18

thanks that really helps

walk run good idea. it's a hill race and i am fixated on hill reps but perhaps walk run better idea. have static bike at home ccd try that. 

will try to go out for a short while tomorrow. guess better some training even if not training in schedule

11/02/2011 at 17:19
Your PMA is good, just try to think of it as a long taper, as there is only 2 weeks to go. But there again if it was me and a hill race I would not have entered it in the first place. Anything is better than sitting around being a couch potato.
cougie    pirate
11/02/2011 at 17:26

HTFU.

Go and run and see if its painful. I doubt it will be though.

14/02/2011 at 12:53

Thanks all. Went yesterday. It was fine. Hill race is saved.

PS Speedy, you don't sound like a couch potato....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.