Hankie Pankie - Before a race

Just a question from the OAP

1 to 20 of 44 messages
14/05/2013 at 18:57

I not sure what is right or wrong.  I use to hear that Footballers and Boxers are kept away from their wives to

prevent them from any form of 'hanky panky'. It's to  prevent them from feeling tired/burn out on the big day.

I thought this might apply to Marathon Runner's.

Now I heard a wag boosting about her sexual activity with her Professional  Footballer spouse she claims he has more energy after sex  which helps him to play better football.

So I am confuse.com

So what is right or wrong?   I just little curious.

I think a good night sleep  before a Marathon is great for you (if only I practice what I preach)

14/05/2013 at 19:00

Dont mind a bit of Hankie

...............but none of that Pankie business

Pudge    pirate
14/05/2013 at 19:31

Does this apply to wankie, as well as hankie and pankie?

14/05/2013 at 19:35

Oops I meant Hanky before a race 

I have not fully recovered from V R op

Edited: 14/05/2013 at 19:37
14/05/2013 at 19:52

Pudge maybe its Wanky hankie under then bed ?

14/05/2013 at 20:01

I've never had the opportunity to carry out a scientific experiment for you Karen.  Maybe one day.  I live in hope...

14/05/2013 at 22:29

I've often hoped for a little ( modest eh ? ) relief during T2 to set me up for the run of an IM, but no lUCL ( yet ) 

15/05/2013 at 11:35

I would have thought if you do it the night before and it helps you get a good nights sleep it's probably beneficial.

But I understand it's frowned upon on the start line.

15/05/2013 at 11:38

It's not the sex the night before that does the damage, it's wandering round town looking for it that wears you out 

15/05/2013 at 14:34

well, I have played rugby for years (only started running in March) and we always said that a bit of hanky panky the morning of a game increases the endrophines in the body and therefore releases more energy!!

I have NO scientific proof of this but I have tried with and without and I can say that I always seem to enjoy the game more (felt less tired too) with a bit of hanky panky in the morning!   

Just saying.......

15/05/2013 at 14:51
FiBear wrote (see)

we always said that a bit of hanky panky the morning of a game increases the endrophines in the body and therefore releases more energy!!

I have NO scientific proof of this but I have tried with and without and I can say that I always seem to enjoy the game more (felt less tired too) with a bit of hanky panky in the morning!   

ah, the things you rugby lads get up to, eh?

15/05/2013 at 14:58

girls actually!!  

15/05/2013 at 15:07

aha, are the after effects of sex not different then?

women feel more energised, men feel more sleepy?

or is that just the immediate after effect?

15/05/2013 at 15:11

fair point!!   I didn't think of that......maybe us girls are just lucky!!!

15/05/2013 at 15:17

I think it's true what you've heard about footballers and boxers but I also think it's probably a load of cobblers and that it makes no difference at all - unless you're up all night doing it!

15/05/2013 at 15:19

I would rather be shagging than running  Especially when the weather is bad...

15/05/2013 at 15:19

i don't think it is necessarily about energy levels for boxers and footballers, more about focus and concentration without distractions.

15/05/2013 at 15:30

I'd be much less inclined to want to punch someone in the face after making sweet love down by the fire (or anywhere else for that matter). It makes me sleepy and a great deal friendlier.

Those of a squeamish disposition look away now.

It all makes perfect evolutionary sense really. Little male mammals being sleepy and having spent their seed wander off for a nap and are less likely to challenge other males who rock up ready for some sloppy seconds with the now energised female. Meanwhile the sleepy post-coital mammal has hormones going around making him feel more attached to the female and less likely to eat the resulting babies.

15/05/2013 at 15:38

That is quite the description Nicky......

15/05/2013 at 15:40

Make love not war?

1 to 20 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.