Has anyone else had or got CFS?

From hero to zero

21 to 26 of 26 messages
24/06/2013 at 20:13

SuperCaz - sorry to hear that, sounds like there was two of you then suffering because of this illness. Hope you are feeling better now too.

Not so sure about "mindfulness" (without obviously knowing anything about it). I suppose us blokes in general aren't too good at dealing with things unless it involves physical interventions!

24/06/2013 at 21:01

I'm a lot better now that I am out of the toxic situation.  Shame the same can't be said for him.  The divorce should be through in the next month although it was the last thing that I wanted.  We are still friends and I still support him but now I can do it on my own terms and without it sapping all of my energy.

I was hoping that the shock of me walking out would make him take responsibility for himself, but it doesn't seem to have worked out that way.

24/06/2013 at 22:03

I'm glad things are improving for you - I hope you ex gets himself sorted sometime soon too. Best wishes.

19/07/2013 at 08:22

SuperCaz- Glad things are getting better for you. As cruel as it seems I belive you have to look after your own health before anyone else, you can't be there for someone if you're drained yourself and it takes a strong person to realise that and act on it. Any form of mental I really hope everything works out for you both.

I'm starting a course of Mindfulness in a couple of weeks, which I'm really looking forward to!!

07/10/2013 at 18:48

sb67 may I ask how the course on Mindfulness went?

I had started mountain biking again and changed my job to three days a week and things seemed to have been improving greatly but then about a month ago I started to feel really poorly again and now I'm almost back to square one,(feeling as if I've had flu and over the worse but still quite poorly).

My husband is running and I'm trying to be supportive but I went to watch him run in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop myself from crying.....I felt pathetic and he felt really bad.

I've also started belching constantly which is a great pleasure for me and everyone around...Had three different lots of tablets and now a hospital appointment in 2 weeks time.

Really hoping that someone comes on here and says that they have got better.

Sorry for the complaining

08/10/2013 at 16:59

Hi GtG - very sorry to hear of your relapse. Sounds like you have pushed on a bit too much. I do seem to be a lot better now. As I may have rambled on about in a previous post, I consulted a nutritionist who has been advising me on treating a gut bacterial issue. Well, it's taken about a year but it really seems to have paid off now. I haven't had a relapse for ages and keep feeling better and better with my energy levels improving. I've been advised now that up to 6 months of "good living" should have me back to full health.

I really do sympathise having been there so many times myself but have you considered looking for help outside of the normal medical world? My appointments haven't been expensive, there's not been that many as a lot of the time it's ben by email. A couple of tests weren't too bad, the main cost has been all the supplements, the protein powder and all the tasty meat!

If you think that there may be anyway that my experiences could be of use to you then please don't hesitate to pm me.

I hope you feel better soon.

Peter.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.