Headaches

6 messages
11/10/2002 at 12:21
I'm currently in the last bit of preparation for the Dublin marathon and I'm suffering from constant headaches. I'm not doing anything different from previous marathon training, ie water consumption, food etc. I'm hoping its just down to something laking in my diet (I'm also a veggie). Is there any supplements / vitamins that I can take that my help ??
11/10/2002 at 13:13
Are you sure you are drinking enough water... I don't mean to be personal but what colour is your urine? I get really bad headaches when I get dehydrated.
11/10/2002 at 13:36
My urine is generally quite clear and I'm drinking around 3 litres of water plus an isotonic drink on run days. Without being up and down to the loo all day I don't think I could drink much more than that !
11/10/2002 at 16:15
Do you get very tense in your neck and shoulders when you run? I find I have to conciously relax my upper body sometimes as I tend to scrunch up my shoulders.
11/10/2002 at 18:06
Are you under a lot of pressure, at work, home or focussing to much on getting a good time at Dublin. It could be good old stress.

If it continues though, see a doctor.
14/10/2002 at 11:34
On long runs I do get tense around the neck and shoulder, but the headaches are happening more frequent than my long runs.
Looks like the doctors it is, probably only to be told to have an eye test (which I've done), may be I should try a food allergy test !!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.